- Develop and manage the restaurant budget.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of all associated events in collaboration with the Restaurant Manager.
- Train kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery.
- Serve as the creative manager in the development of the menu and food offerings.
- Plan plating of foods to maximize visual impact and minimize waste.
- Oversee staff development, to include interviewing for new hires, performance management, disciplinary counseling, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Direct restaurant personnel in preparation of all menu offerings while retaining the maximum amount of desired nutrients, special and dietary requests, to include low-fat, sodium, vegetarian and low-calorie meals.
- Determine and manage food costs and establish purchasing specifications for restaurant food and beverage offerings.
- Manage programs and processes to control and reduce loss time injuries.
- 3-5 years experience as a Kitchen/Restaurant Chef or Sous Chef in a fine dining, gourmet, or steakhouse, environment.
- 4-Year degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined for the position, an Alcohol Beverage Control card, and any applicable health certifications.