|The incumbent in this position is responsible for planning meals, procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, production of meals, supervising and coordinating the work of the kitchen personnel, and keeping with all company quality standards. This role is responsible for enhancing the food product that is presented to guests, making changes to respond to marketplace and guest needs and recommending changes in food product as a result of market research.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make this property their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Hires, trains, motivates, evaluates, and supervises staff in order to ensure that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Supervises all property food outlets, and kitchen personnel.
- Understands vision and department objectives, standards, guidelines, and budget to achieve effective supervision of department.
- Establishes and maintains training and development procedures to ensure superior guest service standards are achieved.
- Plans menus considering marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, recent menus, and religious or other holidays.
- Checks methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods by tasting.
- Procures food supplies and kitchen equipment from approved suppliers as needed, and approve the quality of foods received.
- Responsible for storage of food items to ensure quality of food and compliance with health requirements. Actively involved with purchasing department to ensure high quality of food products.
- Consults with catering sales manager and clients to create, adapt, and tailor special menu.
- Responsible for tracking food cost variances and adjusting such prices to food items that will result in net profit.
- Required to meet budgetary guidelines for food cost, labor cost and miscellaneous costs.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as a degree from a certified food service program, apprenticeship, culinary school, or equivalent. Previous supervisory experience required and 5 years’ experience as Executive Chef in a 4 star or 5 star establishment with sizeable conference and banqueting facilities.
|ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be twenty one (21) years of age.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- All applicable health, sanitation, and licensing ordinances.
- Food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
- All kitchen operations.
- Computer programs and applications.
- Use all tools associated with the position including but not limited to knives, slicers, and choppers.
- Review and comprehend recipes and other necessary documentation.
- Inspect quality of all food items.
- Deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Participate in the development and administration of goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- This position spends time on the floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume. This position is also subject to varying extreme heat and cold.