- Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Responsible for all cage operations on property and employees. Responsible for directing all aspects of the casino cage and oversight of onsite cash management and policy development in accordance with company Internal Controls and Procedures, applicable governing regulations, Bank Securities Act, Title 31 Rules and Regulations.
- Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of the Casino.
- Prepare annual budget for Cage operations and Cage capital expenditures, monitors Cage budget monthly and updates budget once a year.
- Enforce policies and procedures, internal controls, NIGC and Compact violations related to Cage operations.
- Develop and revise Cage Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures, and Cage Manual.
- Meet and communicate with auditors both for the State and Tribal Gaming Agencies for all activities that involve Cage operations.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Title 31 regulations and assures that the Cage is in compliance.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Oversee and coordinates scheduling, leave requests, staffing and team meetings.
- Schedule all Cage interviews, participate in the interviews and creates new hire packets for all new employees.
- Prepare annual management evaluations for Cage Shift Managers.
- Provide direction and timely counseling of all employees as needed.
- Institute a program of ongoing training and development for all employees.
- Update Training and Development phases as needed for all applicable positions.
- Identify and develops employees to become future Supervisors and Shift Managers of the Cage.
- Institute programs that optimize guest service.
- Review and recommend business relationships with outside vendors for cash management services.
- Investigates and take corrective action on discrepancies discovered in the operation of the Cage.
- Responsible for optimizing the levels of cash used within the Casino and arranges to send excess cash to the Casino’s bank via armored carrier.
- Oversee the maintenance of the currency, coin, chips, kiosk and all related Cage forms and documents.
- Provide input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the company’s competitive position.
- Oversee and approve payroll.
- Attend training and classes as assigned, directed or mandatory.
- Attend and participate in monthly finance meetings.
- Communicates with all current vendors as well as possible future vendors.
- Coordinate the scheduling of all Cage projects and upgrades.
- Maintain an open line of Communication with all Department within the Casino.
- Create all Cage purchase orders.
- Create, facilitate and maintains a positive work environment.
- Engage Guests and Employees with a positive professional demeanor.
- Perform other duties, as assigned or directed.
- Experience in developing departmental budgets, procedures, and employee policies.
- Ability to communicate in a highly effective manner, both in writing and verbally.
- Must have a very flexible schedule in order to accommodate all employees.
- Demonstrate strong managerial skills.
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.