||Under the direction of the Senior Hotel Operations Manager, the Chef Concierge (Chef) is primarily responsible for creating, developing, and maintaining policies and procedures for Concierge, Bell desk, and the Lobby Team. The Chef serves as a subject matter expert with all Forbes Travel Guide standards to ensure we are best in class service in all aspects. The Chef is responsible for meeting the financial goals determined by the Senior Hotel Manager and Finance. The Chef is accountable for strategic planning, scheduling and action plans for a seamless guest experience for concierge, lobby ambassadors, greeters, and bell staff while maintaining labor standards. The Chef is expected to follow a budget and produce a monthly Profit & Loss (P&L) summary, in addition to researching, developing, evaluating, and implementing new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure Company is competitive in changing customer needs within dynamic hospitality and gaming environments. They are the point person for local activity and service recommendations, maintaining knowledge of current local offerings and establishing strong relationships with local businesses to coordinate seamless bookings, purchases, and travel for guests.
The Chef Concierge focus areas are Productivity, Customer and Client Relations, Professionalism, Revenue Management, Financial Management, People Management, Leadership, Quality Management, Communication, and Safety and Security. All duties and responsibilities of this position are to be performed with Best-in-Class guest service, upholding Forbes Travel Guide standards, while championing the goals and priorities of the Company in a manner that reflects and supports the Company’s vision mission values at all times.
- Responsible for all team members operations to include, but not limited to, booking reservations for guests both within the hotel, outside facilities, or with local services; coordinating/scheduling guest transportation; offering expert knowledge of local dining, shopping, entertainment, attractions, special events, and city landmarks; ensuring any incoming and outgoing packages are logged and delivered appropriately; maintaining communication with Front Desk reception and other departments regarding a guest activity or special needs as necessary; properly logging guests requests and performing follow up with guests; preparing and delivering amenities for special occasions, special packages, VIPs, etc.; serving each guest on a one-to-one basis with utmost courtesy and enthusiasm. Stores and retrieves guest luggage and boxes. Ensures desk collateral and information for restaurants, museums, attractions, maps, and other local attractions are updated and current.
- Meets and greets guests and responds to guest inquiries, requests, and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner; partnering with necessary departments to resolve guest concerns and deliver on all requests. Utilizes a variety of software programs to accurately input special arrangements guests have made and assures proper billing. Familiarizes oneself with each day’s arrival and group activities and anticipates potential needs/services. Ensures team is upholding enterprise guest service standards and policies and procedures and maintaining Forbes Travel Guide service standards. Maintains solid familiarity with all hotel facilities, room types, outlets, recreational activities, and emergency procedures. Creates memorable experiences by personalizing guest requests and enthusiastically sharing knowledge of the surrounding area. Resolves problems by thinking outside the box to achieve 100% guest satisfaction. Develops strong relationships with surrounding establishments to provide the highest level of guest service. Monitors all V.I.P.’s special guests and requests.
- Maintains guest service standards and initiatives in consideration of product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, and budgeting and forecasting. Trains team on up-selling techniques to promote Casino and Hotel services and other applicable facilities to maximize overall revenue.
- Recruits, interviews, and trains team members. Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognition and rewards. Schedules team members to effectively support business operations.
- Develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures. Creates meeting agendas and facilitates team meetings; ensuring team members are informed of upcoming events, VIP items, Hotel and Casino products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies, knowledge of the local area and circumstances, and any other important information. Ensures team is current on all appropriate and required training. Ensures team compliance with property standards, including all health and safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains highly professional working relationships and promotes open lines of communication with other departments to ensure seamless guest services. Ensures team is operating radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensures all team members are fully trained and working according to Best in Class service standards. Obtains guest service scores for the team regularly, assesses areas of opportunity to increase scores and implements necessary changes. Regularly estimates guest requests, service, and satisfaction trends and industry trends to determine other potential products and services to maintain Best in Class status.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Concierge in a full-service hotel required.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area required.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory/management experience in a Hospitality Front Desk/Guest Service department required.
- Les Clefs d’Or- The official national organization accolade preferred (Concierge professional accolades, acknowledged globally)
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience in a luxury hotel and/or resort preferred.
- Ability to handle computer systems (related to schedule, payroll, purchase, guest lists, guest activities reports etc.).
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
- Strong Knowledge of Forbes Travel Guide guidelines.
- Excellent technical skills to include MS Office, PMS system, Delphi and Oracle.
|Certificates, Licenses, and Certifications:
- At the discretion of theCompany, you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise’s insurance carrier.
||The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Primary work environment is in a climate-controlled gaming facility.
- Work requires travel to attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences.
- Incumbents may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects and/or move up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
- Visual Acuity that best describes the requirements of the position: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection of employees, visitors or facility.
- Mobility sufficient to safely move in an office environment, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and enter, exit and operate a motor vehicle in the course of travel to promotional events, meetings, conferences, trade shows and Company properties.
- Endurance sufficient to sit, walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.