||Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), responsible for integrating the strategic plan of the Company with all gaming and non-gaming operations.
Provides leadership and oversight for the high quality, cost effectiveness, and profitability of Company’s operations.Ensures that all operations are executed in accordance with internal controls, and all applicable tribal, state, and federal gaming laws and regulations.
Maintains strict confidentiality of privileged information.
- Leads and oversees the development of Business operating and strategic plans; work collaboratively with senior management to ensure the operational and strategic success of Company.
- Develops new business strategies to enhance market share and improve overall performance consistent with Company’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Establishes and monitors performance metrics measuring progress against Company goals and objectives and implements performance gap improvement plans.
- Communicates key information to the Board of Director’s (BOD) and stakeholders with respect to casino operations, marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and customer-focused services.
- Oversees Company operations to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Ensures effective internal controls, optimum efficiencies, improvement of processes, and compliance with State Compact, NIGC MICS, and the Regulatory Office.
- Prepares and reviews budgets of existing operations; approves annual budget for submission to Board; achieves the financial objectives of the organization by assisting CFO in the implementation of the budgetary processes for all casino operations.
- Ensures the ongoing maintenance and updating of Information Technology (IT) systems and infrastructure to meet the changing needs of Company.
- Works closely with Company Regulatory Office on internal controls, P&Ps, investigations and all other matters involving operations and the protection of the Company’s reputation and the integrity of all business operations.
- Serves on the Compensation Committee, along with the CFO and Executive Director of Human Resources, to review and adjudicate on all matters being brought before the committee.
- Works with Company Board of Directors, Company Senior Management, Property Management, and external entities on business development and any other issues impacting or involving the operations of the enterprise.
- Assists with drafting the enterprise’s Business Plan with the assistance of Senior Management
- Contributes to the organization’s effectiveness by offering information and recommendations as a member of the executive management team; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure accurate and effective communication.
- Partners with the CEO and CFO to represent Company with tribal, community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Along with the CEO and CFO, makes presentations or attends and participates in meetings with Company Leadership.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and principles by conducting research; attending seminars, educational workshops, classes, and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; and conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Reviews and evaluates all business operations and assures uniform, coordinated and efficient business systems, processes and management strategies.
- Supervises and directs the senior management responsible for the day-to-day operations and management.
- Oversees and provides counsel departments as they make decisions that affect day-to-day operations and makes recommendations for strategies, plans and policies.
- Directs operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria.
- Maintains an environment that encourages planning, communications cooperation, collaboration and efficiency with effective leadership for key management positions.
- Encourages a results-oriented culture.
- Ensures that all operations are performed in compliance with local, state and Tribal regulations and laws governing business and gaming operations.
- Input and authority over hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations of key personnel, business development, planning and budget approval.
- Operational supervision of all enterprise General Managers, Directors, Managers, and other Key Executives.
- Directs the implementation of all current gaming operations short and long term strategic plans consistent with and supportive of established goals, objectives and policies.
- Develops and recommends operating plans with input into long and short-term business plans, capital and overhead expense budgets directed toward achieving the gaming objectives.
- Develops and recommends organizational framework or strategy consistent with established objectives designed to enhance the operating effectiveness and efficiently of cash operations.
- Reviews and recommends for approval the operational business plan of each Casino and economic initiative.
- Systematically reviews activities and results to assure progress towards the attainment of pre-approved operational objectives.
- Builds strong business relationships with financial institutions, contractors, vendors and local communities.
- Analyzes current and potential new business, increased competition and potential effect on the continued financial success and future growth.
- Coordinates the functions of all enterprise operations through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties. Oversees enforcement of established means of accountability.
- Develops enterprise management to ensure the continuity of effective succession to meet long-term and short-term business needs.
- Identifies and recommends potential successors for all key enterprise operations, management and technical positions.
- Ensures day-to-day operations are conducted in full compliance with Preference in Employment Act.
- Maintains effective relationships and activities internally and externally with guests, customers, local, state, and government officials and with other enterprise officials.
- Ensures that internal and external customer service and communication needs are addressed through avenues such as training, survey analysis and feedback and ensures that enterprise and tribal communication efforts are coordinated.
- Coordinates effective management, systems, controls and review of assigned human, technical, material, financial and administrative resources to optimize profitability over the budget year, and in the achievement of long-term financial goals.
- Ensures that all casinos conform to tribal, federal, state, local laws, and government regulations and that all functions of enterprise operations are performed in a manner consistent with established industry standards and meet compliance with any tribal/state compacts or other intergovernmental agreements.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations on a regular basis and systematically reports such results to the CEO, Board and Company Leadership as necessary.
- Establishes operating policies and directives consistent with the CEO’s, Board and Company’s policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, plus at least
15 years of managerial experience in day-to-day gaming operations to include
10 years of experience at the Executive Director/General Manager level
Master’s degree and Tribal gaming experience with multiple property operations, preferred.
Strong background in Marketing and Slot Operations, preferred.
Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
Valid driver’s license.
No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of tribal gaming operations.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of management accounting, finance, and business administration.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements including Tribal Sovereignty.
- Knowledge of the development, preparation, and control of budgets.
- Knowledge of managerial and statistical analysis techniques and reporting procedures.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, presentation software (such as PowerPoint), and PC-based computerized accounting software.
- Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and financial reports.
- Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to create and present effective speeches and presentations.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
- Ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Ability to ensure user compliance with the requirements of the gaming compact.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills in Native American Gaming.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and critically.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Governor, Tribal Council, and senior management.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple enterprise sites.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Knowledge of employee development and performance management skills.
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.