Reports to the CEO. Responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of the company’s compensation programs, including base pay, incentive pay, and performance management programs. Works with senior management to ensure that compensation strategy and programs support the organization’s business objectives and meet all legal requirements. Develops compensation budget for assigned areas and manages budget after it is approved. Provides oversight in the assessment, design, implementation, administration, and evaluation of company-wide compensation programs. Serves as a data-driven subject matter expert and senior advisor, providing comprehensive insight into compensation solutions. Implementing checks and balances while ensuring compensation programs are competitive to attract, retain, and engage top talent in line with the Company’s compensation philosophy and business strategy.
- Ensures compensation programs are in compliance with applicable federal, state, tribal and local laws; including legal, tax reporting, accounting regulations, and that all matters are conducted in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ensures that pay grades, salary wage structures, and incentive programs align with the business needs, while remaining market competitive and cost effective.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
- Strategically directs the design, development and implementation of the overall team member compensation strategy for the Company.
- • Demonstrates expertise with a full spectrum of approaches and tools used for compensation-related market research, modeling and analysis and analytical skills with an ability to break down complex questions/data into well-structured analyses, and synthesize key points.
- • Partners with Human Resources to develop key team member messaging regarding compensation topics.
- • Leads, shapes and influences the next evolution of compensation solutions to differentiate the organization from competitors.
- • Serves as the trusted advisor to Company leaders regarding a comprehensive compensation philosophy.
- Addresses the core compensation concerns across the Company (globally and functionally) to drive a consistent, competitive, and solution-oriented approach to compensation needs.
- Establishes, enhances and embeds operating frameworks to ensure consistent and scalable deliverables across the Company.
- Partners with Human Resource and Company leaders to address compensation needs related to retention.
- • Provides strategic guidance and supports the development and enhancement of team member rewards philosophy and programs.
- • Influences the design and continuously optimize compensation approaches that are aligned to our operating principles, yet provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- • Designs and implements a strategic communication campaign to ensure that Human Resources, team members and Company leaders have a consistent understanding of our offerings and the value of the programs.
- Educates/guides management on pay/wage decisions, competitive compensation practices, and compensation policy interpretation to ensure consistency.
- Guides compensation decision-making processes and outcomes by providing in-depth analysis, modeling, innovative recommendations, and expert advice to management and executives.
- • Oversees key compensation processes including job analysis and evaluations, recurring wage market analysis, forecasting and variable pay and incentive plan design.
- • Oversees external survey selection and participation. Responds to ad hoc requests for compensation information and participates in special studies and/or projects related to compensation.
- • Based on current market trends and available data, makes recommendations to leadership regarding projected annual merit budgets and/or wage adjustments.
- Acts as liaison between Executive Leadership and Operations management providing guidance and direction in matters of compensation.
- Reviews and approves creation of new positions and existing position reclassifications while determining appropriate pay grades based on relevant market driven data.
- Stays well-informed of leading-edge compensation trends and issues in the gaming and hospitality industries as well as local market.
- Audits and monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures, recommending plan revisions that are cost-effective.
- Provides strategic direction in the development of job classification methodology.
- Leads evaluations of departmental organizational charts and job architectures.
- Leads evaluations of position classifications for Federal Labor Standard Act exemption status for appropriateness and compliance.
- Directs the development and administration of job descriptions and external benchmark survey data by ensuring jobs are audited for content; reviewing job descriptions to ensure they reflect job responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or a closely related field, plus 10 years of compensation management experience in a leadership role responsible for all aspects of compensation system design with strategic implementation and administration of compensation systems.
- Multi-property experience required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certification is required.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, SHRM/SPHR Certification preferred.
- Tribal gaming experience preferred.
|Skills, Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
||Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and also includes the following:
- Knowledge and experience to enhance a strategic compensation system for the current, short-term and long-term planning purposes.
- Knowledge and experience to interact at a high level with external and internal leadership.
- Knowledge and experience to lead staff to achieve goals, objectives and interact with team members with the highest level of branded service.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Superior project management skills.
- Must have the ability to define a project, develop the overall project plan with clear deliverables and timeline, and manages the project team.
- Strong compensation consultation and partnership skills; ability to build solid relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state, federal, and tribal regulations pertaining to compensation, including human capital and current economic trends.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Ability to collaborate across boundaries, disciplines, cultures, and levels within the organization.
- Advanced analytical, consulting, and influencing skills, with a track record of identifying issues and formulating solutions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with varied compensation programs including short-term/long-term incentives and variable/differential pay.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Experience designing and managing base salary structures, short-term and long-term incentive programs, competitive market analysis, forecasting trends, costs and modeling outcomes.
- Experience speaking and presenting in front of groups.
- Sense of urgency in completing projects.
- Excellent demonstrated collaboration skills with all levels of team members.
- Experience in training leaders in knowledge and application of organization’s compensation program.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process.The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.