|Responsible for the design, implementation and administration of employee compensation programs, policies and procedures. This position is responsible for assuring compliance with governmental regulations and is under the general direction of the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Design, evaluate and modify salary structure to ensure that the salary program is current, competitive and in compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Participate in the design and administration of internally created salary surveys, as well as compile data for and complete external salary surveys.
- Evaluate exempt and non-exempt positions and designate an exemption status based on FLSA standards.
- Develop, analyze and oversee job evaluations, salary surveys, compensation packages and other related compensation projects and practices.
- Lead the annual appraisal and merit processes through company performance management software.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of reports, salary administration policy manuals, internal publications and program description materials. Draft communications related to annual compensation planning, compensation analyses and related initiatives.
- Advise management and team members on interpretations of compensation policies and practices.
- Manage the annual year-end compensation planning process, partnering with HR partners and payroll colleagues to facilitate payments.
- Conduct benchmarking analyses using external market surveys
- Maintain accurate compensation and job profile data in company’s HRIS systems.
- Prepare various reports and related recommendations by utilizing disparate data and sources, and applying data analytics and logic
- Develop, deploy and administer compensation plans that are fair, competitive, supportive of organizational strategies and compliant with company direction, local laws, pay equity or other statutory requirements
- Management and execution of ad hoc projects related directly or indirectly to compensation, including, but not limited to: organization structure grading/pay analysis, structure analysis for specific grade/function requests, new structure/grade development and approvals
A Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from a four-year college or university; or 5 – 7 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PHR and/or CCP certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in internet applications
- Must be able to keep a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Thorough knowledge of job evaluation systems, incentive pay programs, and executive bonus programs.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation practices, methodologies and strategies
- Effective leadership skills, role model, motivator, positive attitude and must be a team player
- Must be highly organized, adaptive to change and have delegation skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Must possess mathematical aptitude, exceptional analytical skills and strong PC skills including extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of HR information systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience are also required.
- Qualify to obtain a Class “A” gaming license
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must display a high attention to detail
- Must be able to keep a professional demeanor in stressful situations
|This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.