- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all State Regulations and Company departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Nongaming Accounting and Casino Accounting
- Ensures that accounting transactions are recorded timely and accurately and that account reconciliations are completed monthly.
- Supervises and trains staff in the collection, organizing, auditing, reconciliation, and analyzing of daily financial documentation generated by the Casino.
- Assists, monitors, and reviews daily audits of the following areas, including but not limited to: Cage, Slots, Jackpots, Table Games, Gaming Taxes, and Count Room departments.
- Ensures all required training and testing of employees is completed.
- Interviews hires, and trains employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Revises and/or drafts Department Procedures to meet or exceed Company Internal Control Standards, to improve the efficiency of the control and/or add a control requested by management.
- Prepares and analyzes audit paperwork and reports; develops and implements recommendations for improved efficiency.
- Recommends modifications and updates to current accounting procedures that will enhance and support the daily audit procedures of casino accounting operations.
- Devises and implements a system for general accounting and audit preparation of worksheets to include analyzing audit spreadsheet enhancement to more effectively reflect the daily operations of the Cage, Slot, Count Room, and Table Game activity for purposes of reporting Casino revenue.
- Prepares monthly and special reports upon request by management and other departments including, performance summaries, analysis, and reconciliations.
- Handles investigations and works closely with department heads and compliance management to resolve issues/variances.
- Handles annual preparation and filing for W2Gs, 1099s, and 1042s to the IRS.
- Responsible for month-end procedures for casino operations including reconciling revenue reports, liability accounts, verifying the accuracy of the revenue reported, and preparing reports.
- Conduct or assist in conducting investigations of areas deficient in controls, Incident Reports, or lack of compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Fill Legal Department requests.
- Assist Guests with tax inquiries.
- Maintain all Casino related tax documentation.
- Keep current with all regulatory requirements, consulting with management on new or revised rules.
- Coordinates the technology needs of the office; ensures staff is fully trained on systems, policies and
- Ensures all files are kept current and that documents have been prepared for off-site storage.
- Maintains the Casino Accounting department’s general accounting for revenue and auditing reporting; internal controls, statistical reporting, daily distribution of non-gaming and casino performance, and reconciliations.
- Assist in creating in-house applications to decrease audit processing times.
- Works with the uniform chart of accounts using the guidelines of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.