||Directs, administers and coordinates business activities in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by Tribal Council. Obtains optimum efficiency and economy of operations to maximize revenue for the Tribe. Develops strategic short and long-range plans to cover operations, marketing, human resources, financial performance and growth.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of all entities, including Casino, Hotel and all Tribal gaming enterprises to affect operational efficiency.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating and marketing reports to determine changes in programs or operations.
- Directs preparation of directives from Tribal Council to business entities outlining policy, program or operations changes to be implemented.
- Review marketing opportunities and develop strategies to improve the property’s positioning for profitable market growth.
- Focusing on elevated guest experience, implement programs that produce a culture of world-class customer service in all areas, including the use of industry best practices and technology.
- Oversees the implementation, maintenance, and enforcement of Tribal personnel policies and practices as prescribed by Tribal Council.
- Establishes policies that promote company culture and vision
- Advises Tribal Council on all matters of importance.
- Ensures all Tribal gaming entities achieve objectives and goals.
- Ensures that all contracts and business documents are legally correct.
- Evaluates Tribal gaming financial and investment practices and recommends to Tribal Council those practices which will produce greater efficiency and economy for the Tribe.
- Prepares short-term and long-term business plans for Tribal gaming operations.
- Prepares and manages Tribal gaming operations consolidated budget.
- Must comply with all applicable Tribal Systems of Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures and all Tribal Regulations.
Manages all Executives, who supervise employees in their respective departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Proven experience as COO in casino gaming and hospitality arena
- MBA from an accredited college or university MBA..
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Senior VP or COO for a hotel and casino.
- Indian Gaming experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience in the area of strategic planning, new business development, acquisition and operation.
- Sound business judgment.
- Exceptional decision making skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.