- Develops the Food and Beverage strategic plans, policies, and programs, for the execution of operations, inventory, and cost controls to maximize profitability and accomplish Food and Beverage goals and objectives.
- Forecasts, implements, monitors, controls, and reports on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Maintains an appropriate organizational structure to support the needs of the Food and Beverage operations; ensures adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Evaluates Food and Beverage operations in the casino; recommends improvements in support of established goals and objectives.
- Assures maintenance of high standards of quality in the Food and Beverage operations to maintain its competitive status in the marketplace.
- Works with chefs in the creation and planning of menus and daily specials to maximize sales and respond to customer demand.
- Collaborates with the Marketing department to plan events and promotions that include Food and Beverage; assists in the development of advertising, promotions and concepts to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market maximizing sales.
- Oversees and monitors the maintenance and sanitation of the Food and Beverage outlets and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure a safe work environment.
- Implements a work safety program to minimize work-related accidents.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing and administering the Food and Beverage budgets; directs the preparation of budgets for individual casino properties.
- Increases staff effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; integrating functional objectives; providing and participating in educational opportunities.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication between personnel and Food and Beverage operations.
- Keeps leadership informed of status of Food and Beverage activities by attending meetings and submitting reports.
- Contributes to the organization’s effectiveness by offering information and opinion as a member of management team; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and principles by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant, Hotel or Institutional Management or related field plus 8 years progressive work experience in Food and Beverage operations to include 5 years in a management capacity.
- Casino Food and Beverage Operation experience preferred.
- Five years working with financial documents including budgeting, food cost analysis, and labor cost analysis.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.