- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including staffing, compensation, benefits, training and development, safety and risk, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Develop annual department budget including, capital expenditures and analysis of staffing needs.
- Ensure budget compliance throughout the year.
- Develop, implement and monitor Human Resource risk programs and policies to ensure internal control and compliance with Federal employment laws.
- Manage, train and lead Human Resource staff to ensure skill development.
- Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Direct recruitment and placement activities in conjunction with Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Develop exempt and non-exempt salary structure to promote equitable compensation.
- Develop performance appraisal process.
- Develop and monitor cost-effective Team Member programs to ensure a responsible employment environment and competitiveness within the local labor market.
- Propose programs to enhance recruitment and retention.
- Provide leadership and guidance for Worker’s Compensation, Risk and Safety programs.
- Assist in developing training programs targeted for Team Members and management.
- Provide counseling and support to all personnel to ensure good employee relations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Act as a role model for Team Members under your supervision by focusing on the demonstration of positive action, behavior, attendance, work ethic and guest service.
- Supervisors should maintain a professional relationship with Team Members under their supervision on and off duty.
- Responsible for the staffing, training and scheduling of Team Members
- Responsible for preparing evaluations and recommending disciplinary actions when required.
- Authority to hire and fire Team Members.
- Ensure compliance with casino wide and Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Promote an environment that appreciates diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- Protect the confidentiality of any and all business information.
- Prepare and present operational reports to Senior Management..
- Responsible for the training and development of Team Members for succession planning.
- Directors have an open door policy to meet with Team Members
- This property is a twenty-four hour business that never closes. Team Members are expected to work holidays and weekends.
- Provide prompt, courteous guest service at all times following the casino’s guest service standards.
- Participate in and support all guest service training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
||Requires five (5) years of progressive experience in Human Resources Management. A college degree in business or related field is required, unless otherwise waived by Executive Management of the Casino as based on determined experience and accomplishments. Excellent interpersonal, guest service, leadership, communication, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills are required.