|Manages monthly closing process and preparation of consolidated and individual financial statements, maintains the physical asset inventory and assists with annual operations and capital budgets, and operation activities and initiatives.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
|The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Enterprise’s Financial Management, Procurement, Fixed Asset and Travel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the Enterprise’s fixed asset inventory and conducting the bi-annual physical asset inventory
- Review fixed assets to ensure accurate accounting, identification, and dispositions occur.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of all periodic financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and governmental accounting standards (“GASB”) that detail and summarize the Tribal Government and Enterprise business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and/or expected operations.
- Assist in preparation of annual operational and capital budgets, and monitor budget implementations and financial performance, highlighting any variances.
- Maintain automated financial accounting systems to ensure integrity of financial data.
- Monitor banking activity and ensures compliance with any established guidelines.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close, Oversee the management of all financial transactions, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls, policies and procedures of the Enterprises and Casinos, and any Federal or State regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS).
- Assist with the quarterly, semi-annual and year-end financial audit activities.
- Interact with external auditors as required and take the lead to ensure audit deliverables are being produced and timelines are being met.
- Prepare reports required for regulatory and taxing authorities, internal departments, and executive teams.
- Maintain both a balanced general ledger and subsidiary ledgers and ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Support Controllers with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Protects the Enterprise’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
- Develop, maintain, and nurture a positive work environment, and maintain excellent communications with all VPs, Directors, and Supervisors across all departments.
- Help coordinate and supervise training, assignments, and development of subordinates by fostering a culture of continuous learning and accountability within the department.
- Present a positive image of the organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decisions in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Manage directly and indirectly employees of the Finance Department. Adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
|Education and experience (must be documented):
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or MBA is preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in accounting or finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities.
|Certification, licenses, and any additional requirements:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Gaming License.
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or push, pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.