||Reporting to the VP of Food and Beverage, the Director of Beverage Operations will be responsible for the overall operation of the beverage function, attaining the highest standards and efficiency. The Director will provide strategic leadership, guidance and direction on beverage concepts, initiatives and operational decisions that simultaneously results in year over year improvements in customer satisfaction scores, improved product quality and increased operational profitability. The Director will facilitate a positive and welcoming interaction ensuring an optimal guest service experience while safeguarding company assets and guaranteeing beverage integrity.
- Develops a business plan that will support company initiatives and enhance beverage quality and service, associated costs, employee development, retention strategies and employee productivity benchmarks.
- Establishes department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of the beverage function.
- Elevates performance of beverage service and all bar outlets by measuring guest satisfaction, volume, revenue and cost; facilitates the implementation of necessary changes allowing for the most successful operation of services and fulfillment of company objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction in the execution and measurement of guest service standards within beverage operations to ensure continued growth and profitability.
- Creates and maintains beverage service standards and provides adequate training for employees.
- Maintains complete knowledge of: all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets, the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time, ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Reviews/analyzes beverage costs, maintains cost control through efficient management of products, inventory and warehouse ordering, and identifies and implements cost cutting measures and initiatives.
- Monitors and evaluates all daily departmental activities so as to ensure the successful day-to-day management of all beverage and related operations.
- Advises organization in beverage-related issues, such as the planning of special promotions and events; provides the necessary expertise to ensure the successful implementation of plans.
- Establishes health and safety policies and procedures for beverage staff and ensures their compliance.
- Creates a compliance culture within the organization and fosters an environment where employees feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct.
- Performs routine inspection of all bar areas and equipment to ensure health and safety standards.
- Manages, mentors and develops a high-performing Beverage Management team; delegates job assignments to direct reports and provides measurement of results and constructive feedback.
- Interviews, hires, commends, disciplines and/or terminates beverage employees as required in compliance with established use of progressive discipline; ensures that employees receive the necessary guidance and resources required to accomplish established objectives.
- Works closely with Human Resources to resolve employee conflicts, issues progressive discipline, mediates due process meetings and administers all aspects of the collective bargaining agreement
- Partners with members of training staff to create a structured and successful training process for all bar employees.
- Maintains occupational knowledge and skills by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences.
- Maintains complete knowledge and strictly abides by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the casino, bar, restaurant and/or hotel industry required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ progressive supervisory and managerial experience in a beverage environment, directing, leading and coaching others to exceed organizational standards; must have experience in a high-volume, multi-venue or casino facility.
- Must possess advanced knowledge in liquor/beer/wine product and mixology.
- Ability to prepare, understand, present and analyze business strategies; advanced proficiency in budgeting, P&L and business planning mandatory.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proven managerial problem-solving, critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, delegating as appropriate, to drive to measurable results.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership ability, as well as organizational and strategic agility.
- Demonstrated ability for people development by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding them accountable.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- At the discretion of the Company Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must obtain and maintain a ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment.
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.