|The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing all operations for Cage and Credit department; directs and coordinates cash and credit operating activities to achieve optimum operating efficiencies and economies and maximize company revenues and profits.
|(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Develop and oversee execution of company and property objectives and goals related to the Cage and Credit.
- Direct smooth, efficient, cost effective operations including: labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and inventory control; overseeing staffing levels in accordance with business demand, create adjustments whenever possible and monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department policy.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and ensure compliance with all Gaming regulations and Title 31 regulations.
- Oversee staff knowledge of fraud prevention and credit scams.
- Oversee quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes.
- Direct operational functions consistent with approved budgets.
- Oversee and monitor department expenses regarding daily operations and payroll.
- Lead the delivery and measurement of guest services consistent with the Company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provide input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure the company’s competitive position.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Work with casino executives, hosts, and Credit department for the benefit of customers.
- Oversee guest service standards which are consistent with the property’s standards and brands attributes; respond to and resolve guest and/or employee complaints in a timely manner and creatively solve problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and resolve potential difficulties.
- Develop employee-training procedures relating to supervising, cashiering and clerks.
- Oversee and Coordinate scheduling, staffing and ensure resolution for payroll issues.
- Create and implement standard operating procedures for Cash Ops and Casino Credit.
- Has credit authority as outlined in our Credit Policy.
- Ability to enroll patrons.
- Ongoing review of efficiencies in the process and procedures.
- Ability to perform all functions in Cash Ops and Credit.
- Assistance with variance resolution and reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring asset security in Cash Ops.
- Partner with all Casino Operational areas ensuring great communication.
- Create, implement, and direct new functionality as introduced and compliant.
- Ensure department is compliant with internal controls, standard operating procedures, AML/Title 31 regulations.
- In an emergency may assist in drop and count process however not buy the drop in the same gaming day.
- Adheres to all State Lottery Regulations.
|Non-Essential Job Functions
- Attend seminars when needed.
(Education and /or Experience requirements)
|(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
At least 5 years’ experience in Casino industry with a 4-year degree in related field or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
|Additional Requirements (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.)
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and State Lottery.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data and casino policies.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience opening new properties/outlets strongly preferred.
- Research, analyze, comprehend, and act upon information and be aware of the business environment in order to effectively manage areas of responsibility.
- Ability to set clear direction for the department to ensure the successful execution of the strategic plan.
- Ability to apply different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Make unpopular and/or difficult decisions which benefit the organization in the short and long term.
- Be a strategic, analytical, ethical, and effective motivator.
- Skill in developing successful working relationships with senior management, peers, and subordinates within department and outside of the department.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during work.
- Skill in coaching and developing others’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities and providing staff with clear direction and line-of-sight in regards to their respective roles in achieving the business strategy.
- Stand 80% of the time in a noisy and fast paced environment.