||Under the direction of the General Manager, the Director of Engineering & Grounds is responsible for the management of all aspects of the Engineering Department in accordance with the hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to the respective staff.
|Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their fullest understanding.
- Provide legible written communication.
- Accurately compute mathematical calculations.
- Trains and motivates staff on a daily basis to maintain a cohesive team.
- Develop and maintains effective work ticket program with a follow up program.
- Develops an effective and measurable preventative maintenance program.
- Develop and implement an energy management program.
- Focus attention on details by doing daily rounds of the guest rooms, public areas and back of the house areas to ensure a safe and well-kept work environment.
- Remains professional and courteous with demanding or difficult guests or situations, in order to turn them to the positive.
- Performs job functions to standards under pressure, i.e. failure of equipment affecting guest safety and/or comfort and the ability to quickly re-establish said equipment to normal operations.
- Develop a meaningful budget and monthly tracking of expenses program. Develop a capital needs budget with estimated ROI pay offs.
- Works without direct supervision.
- Maintains excellent guest relations.
- Maintains excellent communication with all other departments concerning their needs.
- Maintains an overall knowledge of landscaping and plant materials.
- Ensures that all special guest needs/complaints are met and resolved in a timely manner.
- Holds meetings on a regular basis to ensure that goals in training, safety, and all maintenance functions are being met.
- Prepares Engineering work schedules.
- Maintain excellent grooming and dress codes for all staff workers.
- Implements and is aware of all safety and emergency procedures of the hotel.
- Manages employees in the Engineering Department.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Engineering Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising work performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Use utilities and resources in a responsible manner to control wastage.
- Communicate relevant information to the department, your line manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policies, and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- Attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning modules, as required.
- Demonstrate, and be a role model, of the company’s core values.
|This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.