|Responsible for the overall administration of all operations and functions of the Facilities Department including planning, directing, and participating in the design, construction, maintenance, and overall operation of buildings, grounds, utilities, mechanical, electrical systems, air conditioning and equipment, and environmental services.
- Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members
- Performs excellent customer service at all times.
- Develops and implements an effective strategy for growth and efficiency of operations.
- Reviews and evaluates regularly departmental performance, working through department heads to take appropriate steps in resolving unsatisfactory results or conditions.
- Trains and mentors staff with a goal to promote career advancement.
- Coordinates with the appropriate department heads in the development of operating budgets.
- Ensures that operations are maintained within budgetary constraints.
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Enforces performance standards, policies, and procedures as they relate to his/her span of control.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the organization.
- Maintains a professional departmental, company, and community reputation.
- Ensures adherence to health, fire, and safety regulations.
- Implements and administers all programs for HVAC operations, maintenance renovations, and new construction.
- Develops, administers, and manages within the budget for maintenance and EVS functions.
- Keeps all equipment in a functional state of repair through observation, evaluation, and preventative maintenance.
- Plans, directs and evaluates all phases of property maintenance management, scheduled and non-scheduled.
- Monitors the performance of all outside services and the execution of all maintenance contracts.
- Initiates and maintains communication with subordinates, Team Members, management, and other departments to promote strong teamwork among staff and executive management.
- General knowledge of mechanical trades (engineering services, plumbing, HVAC, electrical), architectural trades (carpentry, paint, locksmith), and facility operations (grounds, custodial, and warehouse).
- Develops an organizational model that is focused on customer satisfaction, technology-infused, and forward-thinking,
- Plans improvements to the esthetics of the property.
- Creates more efficient and effective methods of operation.
- Interfaces with general contractors on issues related to past and future projects.
- Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Ushers as needed by management for events.
|EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or combination of education and experience in one of the following fields: engineering, facilities management, business management, or construction management.
- Ten years of facilities management experience required.
- Facilities management experience in a casino environment preferred.
- Must have five years’ experience managing supervisors and managers within a labor union environment.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, energy management, building automation, plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, painting, wastewater treatment, equipment maintenance, and general construction practices.
- Must have a working knowledge of budgeting, profit, loss, and balance sheet statements, and management practices with an understanding of how the facilities and technology functions impact the financial performance of the casino.
- Working knowledge of exterior grounds and sustainable landscaping practices.
- Ability to quickly and accurately read blueprints and work drawings.
- Computer literate in appropriate software.
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Facilities Management Certification strongly preferred.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.