Under general supervision of the General Manager, manages, directs and coordinates the activities of facility and ground maintenance and repair staff as well as managing and coordinating major repairs, renovations, or new facilities projects for the assigned property.
- Manages, directs, organizes and coordinates facility maintenance and repair activities for all casino properties.
- Establishes, implements and communicates goals, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with applicable tribal, federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Assigns work activities and projects, monitors workflow, implements policies and procedures, reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures.
- Ensures goals and objectives of projects are accomplished according to time constraints and budget limitations.
- Coordinates special repairs and/or building improvements and confers with contractors and outside vendors or regulatory staff to determine work schedules and product standards. Revises time schedules and prioritizes as needed.
- Maintains communication with contractors and vendors through the entire phase of project.
- Reviews and coordinates all plans for all construction projects, including capital improvement projects; prepares and administer budgets and secures additional funding as needed; provides recommendations and cost estimates and supervises and schedules construction support for projects.
- Improve facilities staff effectiveness by coaching, counseling, training and disciplining employees; planning, delegating, monitoring, and appraising job tasks and results in a timely manner.
- Provides information to leadership and staff regarding facility repair, enhancements or new construction projects; investigates and resolves issues.
- Provides support for facility services for special events and functions; coordinates facility security.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, materials and equipment; purchases as required.
- Schedules preventive maintenance, responds to emergencies or malfunctions of equipment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies in order to provide tools for efficiency in daily operations.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure casino customer service standards are achieved.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Associate Degree and/or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Facilities or Construction Management, or related field preferred.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible technical experience in specialty or general maintenance field supporting 150,000+ square feet, in a hospitality/gaming environment; and, Three (3) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Facilities Management Certification required. Must meet all knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Facilities Management Certification
- Obtain and maintain gaming license
|This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.