Responsible for the successful overall direction, administration and coordination of all activities of the Accounting, Cage/Credit, Purchasing, Payroll, and Receiving functions of the Finance Department, in accordance with the mission, objectives, and established policies, procedures and controls.
- Creates, develops, and implements an effective strategy for the financial organization on the property, working with the General Manager, to determine objectives for future growth and expansion.
- Ensures the quality of management operations in all areas of the Finance Department.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the department.
- Monitors all activities on property, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the property, the Federal and State Tax Commissions, and the Gaming Commission are enforced. Maintains a working knowledge of GAAP standards, and ensures the timely completion of financial reports and statements, in accordance with same.
- Establishes and implements production standards and goals, as well as departmental policies and procedures, which will enable the Finance Department to function more effectively and efficiently.
- Reviews daily financial reports to certify accuracy.
- Coordinates and prepares detailed monthly financial reports as well as the annual business plan (forecasted budget) for the following year.
- Maintains good working relationships with the Gaming Commission, as well as the Federal and State Tax Commissions. Monitors and gives input to make final decisions on ATM contracts.
- Organizes all financial analysis on property with regard to capital expenditures, casino revenue, labor control, and budget forecasting.
- Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
- Ensures a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained in the financial aspect of the business.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with the finance team.
- Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Serves as a member of the Operations Committee, and attends weekly meetings, giving informative status reports on the Finance Department as a whole.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related area, or four to six years of industry-related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.