|Directs and oversees all Finance operation activities and initiatives.
|Essential duties and responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement.
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles that detail and summarize the Casino’s business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and/or expected operations.
- Directs the preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Responsible for all revenue audit functions.
- Recommends modifications to existing Casino programs and practices.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project and accounting.
- Hire and oversee leaders in the finance and accounting departments, including giving directions and delivering periodical evaluations.
- Maintains automated systems that provide expenditures controls and reporting capabilities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of the Casino’s financial status and progress in its various programs, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing and completing audits of the Casino’s accounts, and prepares reports required by regulatory and taxing authorities.
- Maintain excellent communications with all Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers.
- Develops and implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all necessary record keeping.
- Superior understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, productivity, inventory controls, P&L analysis, and cost controls.
- Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; project annual costs and monitor actual results; take corrective action where necessary.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
- Coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decision in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
|Manage directly and indirectly all employees of the relevant areas of the Finance Department. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Education And Experience (Must Be Documented):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field (or equivalent experience).
- Ten (10) years equivalent Supervisory/Management experience.
|Certification, Licenses And Any Additional Requirements:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or push, pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
|The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of
the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.