|The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for providing direction to a team of finance professionals and data analysts throughout the organization on the overall planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the company's financial performance. These activities will be the basis for the design and execution of both long-term and short-term strategies, operating plans and supporting the purpose of the company.
|Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
- Provides leadership and direction for the planning, analysis, and management reporting staff.
- Recommends processes, policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact for the organization in reaching their financial and business goals.
- Accepts ambiguous circumstances when a solution is not readily apparent.
- Supports implementation, future development requirements, and financial maintenance of an integrated planning and presentation (Business Intelligence) platforms.
- Oversees the development of research and analyses tools to monitor and evaluate industry trends and market changes, identifying and communicating expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and viability of outside business partnerships to senior-level executives.
- Collaborates across functions and other teams in driving financial and nonfinancial systems and reporting changes.
- Supports the annual budget process by maintaining robust financial models and collaborating with enterprise senior leadership to generate annual business plans for the purpose of meeting budget goals.
- Provides direct Return On Investment (ROI) based analysis for capex expenditure and assists leadership in enforcing accountability for the ROI.
- Oversees the team for the purpose of design and implementation of financial forecasting cycles by anticipating business changes and spotting trends, getting key stakeholders aligned on material inputs, completing input models, loading systems, producing reporting, and providing insightful analysis, contingency plans, and operational recommendations.
- Responsible for FP&A Team Member management including hiring, training, coaching, performance evaluation, and corrective action of direct reports.
- Translates financial performance, metrics, and progress into clear insights and actionable takeaways through both verbal and visual meeting formats, including in company-wide presentations
- Continuously improves how the company thinks about the business and operational models, key drivers of revenue, spending leverage, and other operational metrics.
- Builds a work environment that promotes teamwork, partnership, recognition, mutual respect, collaboration, performance feedback/management, and Team Member satisfaction while role modeling the company values, behaviors, and culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred.
- Seven years of previous leadership experience in FP&A.
- Advanced computer proficiency utilizing Microsoft applications, e-mail, and Internet.
- Experience with analytics tools, as well as planning and analytical software; Anaplan, Tableau, and Alteryx is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of finance operations, including general ledger accounting, AP/AR, payroll, and fixed asset accounting.
- Requires advanced knowledge and skills in math and business complemented by robust organizational acumen.
- Understands business processes and how data insight can improve or disrupt those processes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of applicable law, regulations, rules, procedures, and administration.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License
|Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship Recognizing (market or business) opportunities for current/new products/services and finance, considering them in a businesslike manner (profit focus, cost savings, delivery timing) and taking action; taking risks and achieving a business advantage.
- Financial Awareness Actively seeking opportunities to optimize financial costs and investments when making decisions that have a financial implication.
- Data Gathering and Analytics Collecting, consolidating, and using relevant information; recognizing important information; tracing possible causes of problems, and searching for practical data/solutions.
- Leadership Achieving results through people by successful objective setting, performance review, motivation, delegation, teambuilding, commitment gains, and empowerment.
- Conceptual Thinking Understanding a given situation or problem by combining information that is readily available; identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related; identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations.
|Physical Requirements of the Position:
|The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments; reading and reviewing reports and policies; operating data processing equipment; and other essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The Team Member is frequently required to sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- The Team Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is occasionally exposed to tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
- You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
- The job description is not a contract for employment.