||Directs and manages the operational activities of the casino resort hotel, including front desk operations, housekeeping, and bell services while ensuring successful execution of the Executive leadership vision and overall business strategy for the Hotel property. The Director of Hotel Operations is responsible for continuous improvement in service standards; maintaining brand standards; and assisting Executive leadership with the development and implementation of revenue generating and cost reduction strategies and procedures; across all functions of the department.
- Directs and manages the daily hotel operations to ensure services and amenities provided are in accordance with AAA Four Diamond standards.
- Responsible for daily operations of hotel front desk, including implementation and execution of proper check-in and check-out procedures, guest account settlement, and in-house account balance maintenance.
- Works with the Player Development team to ensure that any special accommodations for the players are met.
- Stays abreast of room bookings, availability, daily house count, etc.
- Maintains a “front of house” presence, interacting with staff and guests.
- Oversees the development of new programs that result in increased levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Receives and responds to guest complaints in a timely manner, ensuring resolution.
- Performs weekly room and property inspections to ensure housekeeping and EVS quality and engineering preventative maintenance.
- Provides outstanding guest service in a timely manner to both guests and Team Members.
- Develops, implements, executes, and achieves long and short-term business strategies.
- Formulates and operates within annual operating budget and capital budget to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of financial reports to monitor the profitability and expenses of the hotel operations and takes appropriate action by creating and implementing strategies and tactics to reduce costs.
- Monitors overhead expenditures, incident reports, department requests, purchase reports, accounts payable, and accounts receivable for the Hotel.
- Develops and implements staffing plans that provides each functional area with appropriate labor to meet guest service and operational expectations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with the hotel’s suppliers and vendors to assess the quality of goods and services purchased from these third parties and for performance assessment purposes.
Team Member Management:
- Responsible for Team Member management including hiring, training,coaching and counseling; conducting performance and salary reviews; resolving personnel issues; providing clear and open communication; and discipline; as appropriate.
- Mentors and motivates direct reports to effectively and efficiently manage their current responsibilities, to support and encourage professional career development, and to promote growth and attainment of goals.
- Collaborates with Human Resources department on initiatives for attracting, retaining, and motivating Team Members.
- Maintains and integrates effective communication between front desk and all hotel operation departments as well as Valet.
- Responsible for ensuring staff is scheduled accordingly with regard to daily arrival and departure volume.
- Maintains communication with Team Members to promote a positive work environment and maintain exemplary morale.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Two years’ experience in a similar role such as Hotel General Manager, Hotel Manager, Director of Operations or Rooms Director preferably in a four diamond or above rated property.
- Experience in budget development, budget monitoring, general business accounting, and forecasting.
- Knowledge of leadership and management skills and techniques.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of applicable law, regulations, rules, procedures, and administration is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of workflow and hotel ledgers such as guest ledger, city ledger, A/R ledger, deposit ledger, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of night audit procedures, function, and ability to direct and ensure staff are performing these functions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial statements.
- Familiarity with a variety of hotel and/or resort property management systems such as Opera.
- Familiarity with yield management and cost controls.
- Proficiency in computers, including Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, and Internet.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience and tact.
- Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
- Must work well within a team and be able to motivate Team Members.
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage subordinate Team Members.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse Team Member related issues, concerns, situations, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments, and to delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding and difficult guest situations.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
- Native American hiring preference applies.
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.