- Responsible and accountable for all long- and short-term department planning and overall leadership
- Manages a culturally diverse housekeeping guest room attendants (GRA’s) team in all areas of housekeeping, including but not limited to room cleaning, linen services, guest requests, lost & found and other areas as assigned.
- Maintains fiscal/budgetary/inventory control of all Housekeeping and Uniform Room expenses.
- Maintains operating/inventory/maintenance control of all Housekeeping owned mechanical equipment.
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs to ensure cleanliness of hotel overall areas.
- Develops, implements, and monitors chemical control and training programs.
- Maintains effective communications between Housekeeping, EVS, and other property departments/divisions.
- Maximized implementation of computer usage in areas of scheduling, work assignments, and inventory control.
- Ensured performance appraisals for all assigned Team Members are completed in a timely fashion.
- Monitors selection, training, and supervision of all Team Members within the scope of responsibility.
- Performs periodic reviews and reevaluation of all room/public areas furniture/fixtures and make recommendations when additional/replacement purchases are required.
- Oversees process audits of controls systems, quality standards and all processes.
- Responsible to ensure that Company business is carried out economically, efficiently, effectively and in accordance with Company policies
- Ensures that all billable services are properly reported and accurately reflected in the Opera System and financial statements.
- Ensures that the recording and reporting of Company revenue is carried out in accordance with current requirements, accountability exists for cash and cash equivalents received by the hotel and such accountability are properly maintained. Thus, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the provisions of Hotel Operation internal controls, Outside Agency Regulations and good business practices and that internal controls and procedures are efficient, effective and economical.
- Responsible and accountable for all long and short term department planning and overall leadership
- Manages finances of the departments, including budget and inventory controls. Analyzes data and compiles reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc., relative to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establishes and maintains adequate supplies for the efficient operation of the department.
- Assists EVS Manager with training and evaluating of EVS Supervisors.
- Ensures the safety of team members in handling and storage of all chemicals used in the performance of their tasks.
- Continually checks to make sure team members have all of the necessary supplies, equipment and tools to execute their tasks.
- Properly handles guest or maintenance requests and repeatedly follows up to guarantee these things are completed to Company standards.
- Assists EVS Manager in achieving and/or exceeding customer satisfaction and team member satisfaction goals.
- Inspects storage rooms, utility and janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control including completing purchase requisitions for all housekeeping supplies and equipment and maintaining adequate inventory levels to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment..
- Communicates with other department supervisors or managers to adequately plan for EVS services and activities
- Plans work processes and determine effective techniques or processes to be used by team members in the course of business.
- Reviews the performance, productivity and efficiency of team members including but not limited to periodic evaluations.
- Provides for the safety of team members, including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris, and litter, and performing all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.