||Directs and oversees all Human Resources operation activities and initiatives as it relates to employee relations,communications, and HRIS management.
|Essential duties and responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission
- Plan and submit for approval the wage and salary schedules adhering to budgetary controls and market-driven expectations.
- Assist, coordinate and assist department leaders to forecast to project employment needs and to
determine the number of positions in each department.
- Consult with VP of HR and legal counsel to ensure that the company’s policies comply with federal, state and compact regulations.
- Work directly with department management to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on
- Exercise excellent judgment and creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong advocate for the Tribe’s Mission.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the VP of HR or BDC, on employee matters
- Oversee the maintenance and audits of the human resources information system (HRIS) to ensure data integrity.
- Plan and oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local
governing bodies, and all departments in the organization.
- Plan and submit policies for approval based upon on the findings in any study of Federal legislation,
arbitration decisions, or other mandated Federal or Compact changes.
- Assist with communicating changes in the organization’s Human Resources policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Ensure proper recruitment and placement of staff of qualified individuals in accordance with Federal Labor Laws.
- Assist Training & Development with recommending, evaluating and participating in staff development for the organization.
- Oversee HR audits and compliance.
- Implement, coordinate and recommend employee recognition programs.
- Ensure, recommend and analyze effective employee communication through different platforms.
- Assist the VP of HR with writing and delivering presentations to the BDC, Gaming Commission, and/or Tribal Council regarding human resources policies and practices, upon request.
- Ensure Indian Preference Policies are followed in recruitment and promotions.
- Maintain excellent communications with all Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers.
- Develops and implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all necessary record keeping.
- Comprehensive understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, productivity, inventory controls (if applicable), P&L analysis, and cost controls.
- Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; project annual costs and monitor actual results; take corrective action where necessary.
- Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
- Coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decision in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
||Manage directly the Human Resources Manager(s), Recruiting Manger, and HCM Oracle Manager; and indirectly employees of the Human Resources Department as it relates to employee relations, recruiting, HRIS administration and front office HR staff. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the above.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Education And Experience (Must Be Documented):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field (or equivalent experience).
- Ten (10) years equivalent Supervisory/Management experience.
- Five (5) years in a Human Resources management position experience required.
- Tribal Gaming Human Resources experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- THRP certification preferred.
|Certification, Licenses And Any Additional Requirements:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or push, pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
||The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.
|Indian Preference Act:
||The Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
1. Tribal Members
2. Other Native Americans
3. All other ethnic groups