The Director of IT Infrastructure is responsible for the implementation and operations of all technology infrastructures which includes data center, network and server services, telephony, service monitoring, servers, storage and related software. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT systems and infrastructure.
|Essential duties and responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement.
- Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- Load and test operating system and application software releases and fixes in both development/test and productions environments; load application software patches; performance and file tuning utilities.
- Define and manage IT Disaster Recovery Strategy for organization.
- Provides Cisco & HP Switches, Firewall and Routers support and administration.
- Provides VM and Hyper V support and administration.
- Responsible for day-to-day system administration, including management of internal network, VPN, Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and system backups.
- Develop, execute and oversee procedures, policies and related training plans for project management and infrastructure administration.
- Properly maintain all logs, backups and recovery procedures.
- Design and execute long term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs.
- Maintains the confidentiality of IT systems. Troubleshoot areas, place service calls and keep management informed of critical situations.
- May be placed on-call and may be required to respond during non-scheduled hours.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Compose routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organization.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Effectively manage problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Maintain excellent communications with all VPs, Directors and Managers.
- Develops and implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all necessary record keeping.
- Comprehensive understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, productivity, inventory controls (if applicable), P&L analysis, and cost controls.
- Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; project annual costs and monitor actual results; take corrective action where necessary.
- Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
- Coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decision in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Manage directly the Network Engineer and Systems Engineer positions. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Education And Experience (Must Be Documented):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field (or equivalent experience).
- Ten (10) years equivalent Supervisory/Management experience.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- In depth knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts. Good understanding of VMWa re Hyper V
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Experience with SAN/Storage such as Dell, NetApp, EMC
- Experience with VMWa re and other virtualization environments
- Experience with TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, DCHP, VLANS, VPN, DNS
- Experience with Cisco, VolP
|Certification, Licenses And Any Additional Requirements:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- CISCO Certified (desirable).
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or push, pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
||The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.