|Report to the CFO. Manage the daily operations of the Purchasing Department to ensure that all material and service requirements are met in a timely, efficient, effective, and ethical manner. Provide oversight of all purchases in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Formulate and execute sourcing and procurement strategies which make efficient use of company resources, identify market trends, identify short- and long-term sourcing options, and identify short- and long-term partnering opportunities with vendors.
- Responsible for the administration of Purchasing, Uniform, and Shipping & Receiving operations.
- Purchase requested items on a cost-effective, quality, and timely basis.
- Ensure the justification and approval of all requisitions submitted by other company departments.
- Obtain the best price, quality, and service for the products and supplies purchased.
- Research new products and new vendors.
- Negotiate and purchase all basic supplies required for daily operations, including the purchasing of maintenance and building materials, housekeeping supplies and equipment, and gaming products.
- Assist Food & Beverage with large-volume purchases.
- Assist Executive Management when deemed necessary with special projects.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Purchasing Department, Uniform Department, and Shipping & Receiving Department through supervision and management of staff.
- Assist in the development of new uniform programs to improve overall employee appearance.
- In conjunction with Inventory Control, ensure all inventories, including Food & Beverage and Uniforms, are well maintained and accurate.
- Serve as a role model for Team Members by demonstration of positive action, behavior, attendance, work ethic, and guest service.
- Has authority to hire and fire Team Members.
- Responsible for the staffing, training and scheduling of Team Members
- Responsible for preparing evaluations and disciplinary actions when required.
- Ensure compliance with companywide and Purchasing Department policies and procedures.
- Protect the confidentiality of company business information.
- Enforce ethical practices in all dealings with company suppliers; monitor subordinates and companies that pursue improper practices.
- Develop annual department budget including capital expenditures and analysis of staffing needs.
- Ensure budget compliance throughout the year.
- Prepare and present operational reports to Senior Management as requested.
- Responsible for the training and development of Team Members for succession planning.
- Company is a twenty-four hour business that never closes. Team Members are expected to work as business demands dictate.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all external and internal customers and patrons and communicates in a pleasant, friendly, and professional manner at all times.
- Maintain a professional work environment with supervisors and staff
- Participate in and support all Guest Service training programs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires five (5) years progressive experience in Purchasing Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field is required, unless otherwise waived by Executive Management, as based on determined experience and accomplishments
- Excellent interpersonal, guest service, leadership, communication, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills are required
|This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.