||Under the general direction of the General Manager oversees the Sales Department. To develop and implement a marketing strategy for the hotel and event center in an effort to maximize the profitability and reputation of the hotel, event center and Food & Beverage in accordance with company objectives, standards and procedures. To direct and oversee the activities of the reservations, sales and marketing departments, and Catering and Conference Services in accordance with the marketing plan and to coordinate service activities related to the sales function, in order to maximize revenues and customer satisfaction.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with General Manager and Director of Hotel Operations in preparation of the business plan and development of annual conference and transient room nights, revenue and average rate goals.
- Responsible for leading and implementing all departmental efforts including training, and the development of policies and procedures.
- Execute sales strategies to achieve target room nights, revenues and average rate goal (RevPar).
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Create and implement, in cooperation with management, long and short range hotel marketing strategies to maximize sales and profitability in the Rooms and Spa operations. Ensure that the marketing plan and action plans achieve the required results in terms of budgeted total revenues; implement changes if and when necessary.
- Direct the sales activities of the resort’s hotel operations to achieve budgeted goals. Appraise results against planned objectives and take appropriate action in order to maximize RevPar and total sales.
- Act as necessary in all aspects of human resources development for the Sales and Marketing Department. Hire, train, discipline, motivate, evaluate performance, or terminate.
- Assist, advise and cooperate with the resort’s advertising agency to ensure execution of advertising campaigns and public relations programs; monitor expenditures and results.
- Create, revise and/or eliminate hotel promotions and programs in order to increase business; analyze expenditures against returns to determine profitability and effectiveness.
- Direct the development of annual sales goals; ensure they are fully understood by all sales personnel and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate and supervise the efforts and activities of all sales managers and staff; ensure for clear reporting and an effective plan of correspondence.
- Solicit, evaluate, sell and confirm business to meet overall budgeted sales and profit margin.
- Oversee the coordination of the various activities and functions of the Sales and Marketing Department as they relate to booked business, to ensure for complete customer satisfaction and maximum profitability.
- Contact in-house groups and clients and ensure their complete satisfaction. Promote good will and foster additional business or repeat bookings.
- Enhance the hotel’s community image and stay abreast of local competition and Events. Keep informed of new developments and sales and marketing techniques and trends within the Hospitality Industry.
- Ensure effective and clear communication between the Sales and Marketing Department and all other departments within the hotel. Promote a sense of teamwork within the hotel departments.
- Prepare all reports, forecasts and budgets as requested and/or required.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with sales and marketing and reservations personnel to facilitate input and feedback; attend and participate in Interdepartmental and management meetings, as need and/or required.
- Provide assistance to the General Manager with administrative details and special Projects, as requested.
- Conduct staff meetings.
- Represent company at trade shows, presentations, sales trips, etc.
- Assist in creating programs to improve room sales and to target soft and off-peak periods.
- Manage the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned departments consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Develop, prioritize, and implement marketing strategic plan.
- Develop marketing programs which successfully achieve the property’s marketing and business goals and are properly aligned with the company’s and property brand.
- Closely monitor competitive and industry trends and ensure the property is responding to developments and staying competitive.
- Create annual and program budgets, manage their expenses, and monitor their progress toward maintaining property budgetary goals.
- Analyze and report on the success of marketing programs including their generation of incremental revenues and ROI.
- Contribute to successful achievement of property financial objectives.
- Select, develop, and manage all Sales and Marketing department managers.
- Select and manage cost-effective vendors (such as advertising agencies, direct mail houses, etc.) and closely monitor their performance.
- Ensure all marketing activities, staff, and outside partners are in full compliance with all regulatory, company, and property policies and practices.
- Coordinate marketing support with all other operational departments.
- Represent the Sales and Marketing department for the property executive team.
- Communicate marketing plans, programs, and results to other key departments and team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field; and a minimum of 5 years hotel marketing experience, preferably at a 4-5 star property, hotel or resort.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid driver’s license.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Requires knowledge of the hotel’s policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage.
- Knowledge of effective marketing techniques and media buys.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of bussing programs, resort tour programs, direct mail and promotional events.
- Knowledge of computer software and office systems.
- Extensive knowledge of negotiating and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Knowledge of automated Sales/Catering system.
- Mastery of advance sales and marketing tools.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the resort’s image.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and financial reports.
- Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to drive to outside sales calls.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in written form.
- Considerable ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple complex projects simultaneously; and establish priorities consistent with department/resort objectives.
- Ability to effectively deal with customers, team members, and department heads; some of whom may require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with media representatives, vendors and the public.
- Ability to target specific market segments, to include International clientele.
- Ability to manage projects according to established goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to create and present effective speeches and presentations.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
- Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
||While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
||Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Occasional work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.