|Under general supervision of General Manager, accomplishes the Security Department’s objectives by planning, organizing and directing all functions required to provide security services to the assigned company property. Ensures the safety and protection of casino patrons, employees, and assets in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information. This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all- inclusive.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops departmental plans, strategies, goals and objectives in accordance with applicable tribal, federal,
state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and firefighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Establishes, implements and communicates goals, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with applicable tribal, federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Confers with representatives of management to formulate policies, determine need for programs and coordinate programs with activities; advises management and staff on security policies and procedures.
- Improves staff effectiveness by counseling, training and recommending disciplinary action for employees; planning, delegating, monitoring, and appraising job tasks and results in a timely manner.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication between personnel and departmental-related activities.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing and administering annual budget; presenting and justifying budget recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Develops, implements and evaluates disaster and other emergency plans
- Coordinates the technology needs of the office; purchases hardware and software; ensures staff is fully trained on systems, policies and procedures.
- Contributes to department’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues and goals that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of actions; developing and implementing internal security policies and procedures.
- Keeps leadership and other departments informed of status of department activities by attending meetings and submitting reports.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with Gaming Administration, external law enforcement and local police departments.
- Confers with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of Casino activities with law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Implements and participates in staff development and training programs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications and establishing networks.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus eight years of security experience with a minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Must meet all knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be twentyone (21) years of age.
- Valid driver’s license.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of tribal, federal, and state gaming, criminal, traffic, and civil code and laws.
- Knowledge of security operations, principles and practices including investigation, patrol, communications, records, community/public relations, and crime prevention.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other law enforcement/regulatory agencies, departmental staff, tribal officials, and the public.
- Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Skill in supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
- Ability to prepare accurate, complete and legible reports and present detailed, accurate and objective oral presentations and response to questions.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with other individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to make intelligent and effective decisions in routine and emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
|While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for prolonged periods, walk and stand; use hands for dexterity of motion; stoop, bend, kneel or crouch, and have normal auditory, visual acuity, and verbal communications skills. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
|Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Occasional work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.