|Reporting to the VP of Retail & Spa, the Director of Retail provides leadership, direction, and supervision of the Retail team responsible for the daily operations of the Retail Department. The Director of Retail is a strategic leader who excels in crafting and managing a vision with creative ways to lead store operations and merchandising management teams, optimize merchandise assortment and maximize best-in-class service, resulting in continued sales profit. Additional responsibilities of the role include branding/marketing, event planning, operational excellence, budgeting/forecasting, and strong vendor relationships. The Director of Retail is also responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members, and vendors while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
- Develops the Spa Operation Department’s business plan to support enterprise initiatives, enhance the guest experience, financial planning and profits, team member development, retention strategies, and operational excellence.
- Hires, trains and supervises Spa Operations Department including recognition, coaching/counseling, and corrective action. Conducts interviews for all management positions. Effectively advises in hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Directs and instructs management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure hiring and retention of qualified and efficient team members.
- Creates an environment that motivates employees to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Develops a high-performing team through thoughtful team member professional development, effective timely performance assessments, and productive workflow processes. Identifies and provides feedback on objectives and assesses performance and service excellence. Creates a compliance culture within the company and fosters an environment where team members feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct. Promotes excellent guest/team member relationships by reacting promptly, efficiently, and courteously to all guest and team member concerns.
- Oversees ongoing development and positioning of Spa offerings in terms of overall concept definition, philosophy, treatment & menu offerings. Reviews and refreshes Spa product offering in line with current guest and industry global trends – anticipates and sets future trends.
- Maintains a high-performance work environment and provides leadership throughout areas of responsibility to ensure optimum internal and external partner relationships. Works collaboratively with departments to create unique events and promotions to attract high-level Casino and Hotel guests. Proactively identifies various market opportunities; makes recommendations to management regarding visual, branding, and marketing strategies
- Responsible for development of Spa annual budget and forecast. Responsible for inventory, revenue, and margin management related to spa service, salon service, retail, spa facilities (including pool operations). Leads Spa management team in defining, tracking, and reporting on monthly, quarterly, and annual KPIs to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Develops, reviews (with Compliance Department), and implements policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures. Monitors and ensures all Spa team members are properly trained to adhere to health and safety regulations from the Health Department, company policies and procedures, as well as industry-specific regulations for health, safety, and cleaning and sanitation. Oversees all day-to-day department-related operations including retail receiving, fulfillment, compliance, accounting, vendor selection and management, and strong Warehouse collaboration. Oversees cleanliness, health, and safety of all spa facilities, retail area, and dispensary for professional Spa products.
- Curates strategic, favorable, and marketable membership, and wellness and fitness programs.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.