||Under the direction of the VP F&B, the Director of Stewarding oversees the Steward Department operations and validates all BOH operations are run in a time effective, efficient, and safe manner. This position is responsible for ensuring steward operations are in compliance with all regulatory authorities including State, Federal, and Gaming. The Director of Stewarding partners with the Chef’s department and takes guidance from the Executive Chef to ensure all restaurant outlets are maintained appropriately.
||Communicate daily with management team to ensure any questions are answered or concerns addressed. Ensure that all subordinates are following their job description and SOPs on a daily basis.
- Oversees all aspects of the stewarding department. Confirms periodic and annual performance reviews are completed for all stewarding staff.
- Maintains inventory of China, Glass, Silver, kitchen smallware, and equipment in all food outlets; adjusting pars when needed.
- Maintains all nonfood storage and requisition out to venues as needed
- Works closely with the Chef’s department and all room managers in order to assure quick and efficient operations of each restaurant outlet.
- Maintains employee records, attendance tracking sheets, checklist and daily reports. Confirms necessary staffing levels are met and maintain within the budgeted labor cost.
- Delegates tasks to department and ensure job requirements are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Order chemicals and maintain necessary inventory and supplies
- Provides oversight for safe working conditions in BOH operations; ensures all employee injuries or accidents are investigated and reported in a timely manner in accordance to policy.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all applicable Health Department, Gaming, Casino, IHS, FDA and OSHA codes & policies; reviews reports of any violation(s) of codes and policies; participates in all Gaming, IHS and all other inspections as needed.
- Perform walk through inspections of kitchen areas and complete noted checklists.
- Ensures Executive Steward submits recap reports to F&B Director and Executive Chef following all regulatory inspections with resolutions and or recommendations for all issues cited by inspectors; follow up on all cited issues from any inspection to ensure all issues are rectified in a timely manner.
- Directs all venue daily shift inspections to ensure all venues are in compliance with casino inspection policies. Oversees the maintenance of Food & Beverage policy manuals to ensure compliance.
- Oversees the repair process following inspections and whenever needed repairs are identified, ensuring they ae completed in a timely manner.
- Directs the partnerships with supply, maintenance, and repair companies to ensure all areas of Food & Beverage operations are functioning properly and fully equipped at all times.
- Oversees the budget and procurement process for all Food & Beverage, FOH and BOH, equipment and janitorial maintenance ensuring purchases stay within budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/Technical/Business certification in related field preferred
- Continuing education college coursework preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing high volume, multi-unit hotel, casino or food service establishment kitchen as Assistant Executive Steward level or above
- Must possess advanced knowledge Kitchen operations, F&B equipment, kitchen facilities maintenance & repair, janitorial operations and Food Service & production operations.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of Health, Gaming, FDA, IHS and OSHA regulations and codes in regards to all aspects of Food & Beverage operations.
- Possess advanced skill level in hands–on training of staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related computer programs
- Maintains acceptable attendance record and arrives at workstation at scheduled time, in proper uniform and ready to work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of safe, sanitary food handling procedures, preparation methods, merchandising and supervision.
- Able to lead and mentor a team
- Working knowledge of cost controls.
- Self-directed and promotes an environment of accountability.
- Must possess understanding of Union Labor Law and Contracts.
- Must possess knowledge of all types of commercial kitchen equipment.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- At the discretion of the Company Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must obtain and maintain a ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment.
||This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.