|Under the general supervision of the General Manager, accomplishes the objectives of the department by planning, organizing, and managing all functions required to ensure table games and sports book operations are executed in a cost-effective and profitable manner for Casino Properties. Ensures that all table games operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Develops a strategic plan and objectives for the casino table game operations to include blackjack, craps, roulette, poker and specialty games and sports book operations.
- Establishes, implements and communicates goals, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with strategic plan.
- Ensures employees and guests conform to regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures for efficient table gaming and sports book operations.
- Improves staff effectiveness by coaching, counseling, training and recommending disciplinary action for employees; planning, delegating, monitoring, and appraising job tasks and results in a timely manner.
- Completes weekly schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication among personnel regarding table games activities.
- Achieves financial objectives by establishing and monitoring budgets, internal controls, accounting systems, and table games/sports book financial reports.
- Investigates and takes action against cheating, fraud, and other disruptions as company policy dictates.
- Creates and monitors marketing promotions in conjunction with the Marketing department.
- Raises or lowers table limits to suit casino financial objectives. Resolves disputes under $500.
- Keeps leadership and other departments informed of status of table game activities by attending meetings and submitting reports.
- Assists in managing internal surveillance and security in the table games areas in conjunction with the Security, and Surveillance departments.
- Contributes to departmental effectiveness by: identifying short-term and long-range issues and goals that must be addressed and providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of actions; and implementing directives.
- Implements and participates in staff development and training programs.
- Ensures cashiering functions are executed according to gaming regulations and established sports book policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with currency transaction requirements, Title 31, and money laundering and Suspicious Activity Reporting for Casinos (SARC) requirements.
- Assists in establishing, implementing and communicating goals, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with sports book strategic plan.
- Ensures the timely processing and completion of paperwork for sports book payouts according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five (5) years table games management experience. Direct experience with Event Wagering and Sportsbook Operations, to include working knowledge of Event Wagering, types of wagering, player earning potential tracking and evaluation and dispute resolution. Must meet all knowledge, skills and abilities. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Valid driver’s license. No felony, theft or stealing
convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license. Navajo preference.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and Indian gaming regulations.
- Knowledge of table games, ie: blackjack, craps, roulette, poker and specialty games.
- Must have strong leadership skills with a clear focus on guest service and Team Member relations as a priority.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, math, and record keeping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Skill and previous success in establishing efficient table game operations and promoting a guest focused environment.
- Skill and expertise in creating and promoting innovative game operations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and guest relation skills.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint with an intermediate level of proficiency.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks at once.
- Exceptional communication skills required with the ability to communicate to a diverse group of guests and staff.
- Ability and proven history of being an accomplished leader to develop and mentor a team of gaming professionals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with a moderate noise level. Extended hours and irregular shifts are required. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for prolonged periods, walk and sit; use hands for dexterity of motion; stoop, bend, kneel or crouch, and have normal auditory, visual acuity, and verbal communications skills. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.