||Manages, plans, coordinates, and directs all training and staff development operation activities and initiatives for all Tribal entities by performing the following duties personally or through HR Training staff or Department Director, Manager, and Supervisor.
|Essential duties and responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission
- Conduct needs analysis studies and confers with managers and supervisors to determine training needs.
- Design and develop training programs and courses in response to need analysis. Research and
participate in the selection of outside consultants and trainers to conduct training in specific topics, if in-house training cannot satisfy the need.
- Compile data and analyze past and current year training requirements to prepare budgets and justify funds requested.
- Formulate training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company production and service processes, business systems, or changes in procedures or services.
- Select appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures,
multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Train assigned instructors and supervisory personnel in effective techniques for training, such as new employees’ orientation, on-the-job training, sales techniques, health and safety practices, management development, and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Maintain records and prepare statistical reports to evaluate performance of instructors and monitor
progress of trainees.
- Coordinate established training courses with technical and professional courses offered by community schools.
- Screen, test, counsel, and recommend employees for participation in internal or external educational and training programs.
- Other duties relative to the various aspects of planning, coordination, monitoring and implementing of training and development may be assigned.
- Support and design training materials and courses around current software and programs utilized by the Company and Human Resources.
- Create and assist with facilitating new management / leadership development programs.
- Oversee and assist management with the evaluation process ensuring timely and appropriate evaluation are issued to employees.
- Oversee and assist all levels of the organization in the development of current staff.
- Maintain excellent communications with all Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers.
- Develops and implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all necessary record keeping.
- Comprehensive understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, productivity, inventory controls (if applicable), P&L analysis, and cost controls.
- Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; project annual costs and monitor actual results; take corrective action where necessary.
- Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
- Coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decision in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
||Manage directly the Training Manager(s) and indirectly all employees of the Training & Development
Department. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit
Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Education And Experience (Must Be Documented):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field (or equivalent experience).
- Ten (10) years equivalent Supervisory/Management experience.
- Five (5) years in a Training or Human Resource management position required.
- Tribal Gaming experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, APTD or CPTD certification preferred.
|Certification, Licenses And Any Additional Requirements:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or push, pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
||The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.
|Indian Preference Act:
||The Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians has a resolution on file with Human Resources to ensure that Indian Preference will be adhered to in the following order in accordance with IPA:
1. Tribal Members
2. Other Native Americans
3. All other ethnic groups