- Assists the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all resort meals, food quality, and presentation; compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations; Team Member productivity and performance; implementation of policies and procedures; cost controls and overall profitability.
- Assists the Executive Chef by interacting with guests and internal Team Members to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues, and make improvements accordingly.
- Assists the Executive Chef in creating and implementing menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes, in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol awareness standards.
- Monitors and develops Team Member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling, assigning work, and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Plans and manages the procurement, production, preparation, and presentation of all food in the Resort in a safe, sanitary, and cost-effective manner.
- Assists the Executive Chef with the long- and short-term planning and day-to-day operations of the kitchens and all F&B areas, including supervision of scheduling.
- Assists the Executive Chef with menu/concept development; recommends menu and procedural changes.
- Develops and implements menus and back-ups (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc.) within company guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Responsible for production in the main kitchen, development of production sheets and order guides.
- Responsible for inventory verification.
- Responsible for staff scheduling.
- Manages the food and labor costs within approved budget constraints.
- Adheres to all SOP’s and future food programs to ensure a consistent, quality product.
- Assists in developing marketing plans and objectives and manages within approved plans.
- Fosters and motivates Team Members while providing a safe environment.
- Hires, trains, develops, empowers, coaches, counsels, conducts performance and salary reviews, resolves problems, provides open communication vehicles, and disciplines and terminates as appropriate.
- Resolves customer complaints as they relate to F&B/Culinary operations as appropriate, in order to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Implements and manages all company programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen and F&B areas, equipment, and related areas to ensure a healthy and safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, and resort standards and regulations.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the department’s budget in accordance to the directions from the Executive Chef; continually analyzes, forecasts, monitors, and controls the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Culinary Arts Degree required and five years of experience in a culinary management role in a four-diamond or greater hotel, resort, or casino.
- Strong banquet background.
- Previous multi-outlet management experience.
- Experience in a high-end/luxury environment.
- Must understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of cooking.
- Proficient with the use of kitchen tools and equipment, knife skills and measurements.
- Knowledge of the latest culinary trends and equipment
- Ability to develop and convert recipes
- Ability to create recipe costing sheets
- Exhibit a comfort level in the front of house by interacting and communicating with guests of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of kitchen lingo, etiquette, culture and culinary terms.
- Must be able to plan and supervise the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Able to follow instructions, written and verbal, and perform the job with professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deploy available resources effectively.
- Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must obtain food handler card within 30 days of employment.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
|This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.