||Directs and oversees all Finance operation activities and initiatives.
|Essential duties and responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement.
- Responsible for all revenue audit functions.
- Ensures compliance with all financial internal controls and Tribal, State and Federal regulations.
- Recommends modifications to existing Casino programs and practices.
- Oversee all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll, and tax preparation.
- Be responsible for gathering financial data for analysis and forecasting with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance.
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial information to appropriate groups, including internal parties, government regulators, and outside agencies.
- Be responsible for development, oversight, and management of the Tribe’s investment plan, and serve in the strategic planning process.
- Drive and manage the financial initiatives, budgeting processes, and KPI tracking including developing action plans to ensure annual financial objectives are met.
- Create a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting structure that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operational needs.
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure the company hits revenue targets.
- Maintains automated systems that provide expenditures controls and reporting capabilities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of the Casino’s financial status and progress in its various programs, goals and objectives.
- Tracts financial revenue reports and reviews them for accuracy.
- Maintains and updates financial internal control procedures.
- Responsible for managing and completing audits of the Casino’s accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory and taxing authorities.
- Maintain excellent communications with all Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers and BDC.
- Develops and implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all necessary record keeping.
- Superior understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, productivity, inventory controls, P&L analysis, and cost controls.
- Ensure the budget for the department is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; project annual costs and monitor actual results; take corrective action where necessary.
- Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
- Coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decision in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Manage directly and indirectly all employees of the relevant areas of the Finance Department. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Education And Experience (Must Be Documented):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field (or equivalent experience).
- Ten (10) years equivalent Supervisory/Management experience.
|Certification, Licenses And Any Additional Requirements:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and/or push, pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
||The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.