|Responsibilities include directly supporting and enforcing all initiatives given by the Senior Director of Food & Beverage. Responsibilities also include leading, directing and supervising all culinary and stewarding activities as well as overseeing the performance and coordination of all work performed by all culinary and steward Team Members assigned, passing on pertinent information to Room Chefs, Sous Chefs and Team Members and ensuring proper service standards are used in all internal and external Guest experiences.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting property’s “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
- Oversee all hiring, staffing and training of culinary and stewarding employees.
- Assist in training of all culinary employees, including the development of training agendas and materials.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing Food & Beverage Department policy and procedures relevant to all aspects of kitchen operations.
- Oversee and assist with menu design, recipe development and training for all Food venues.
- Develop budgets for all culinary and stewarding activities.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness, sanitation and safety of all areas within the Food & Beverage operation.
- Responsible for overseeing proper receiving, storage, rotation and pars for food items within the Food & Beverage Department.
- Assist the Purchasing Department with developing and monitor all product specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent food specifications, including: taste, appearance, presentation, portion control and quality.
- Responsible for holding Room Chefs accountable for the food cost, labor cost, and direct expenses.
- Responsible for morale, engagement and overall performance of all culinary and stewarding Team Members.
- Must maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times. Will work with departmental and property peers to ensure a strong working relationship and high levels of teamwork.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and ensure Team Members reporting to you do so as well. Ensure your areas comply with Board of Health standards and regulations.
- Responsible for handling any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
- Evaluate and oversee the job performance of Team Members.
- Set schedules and specific job duties, while maintaining Team Members’ hours for proper staffing as defined through established service standards.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition and ensure open door policy in an “Unsurpassed Service” manner.
- Coach and counsel Team Members who are not meeting standards. Understand the steps of discipline according to property’s policies.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all manager, keeping them abreast of all department activities.
- Ensure that all Team Members adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the Senior Director of Food and Beverage and adhere to all property’s policies and standards.
- Have a comprehensive and complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items including their preparation, ingredients, cooking methods, portions and prices.
- Oversee the departments to ensure requisitioning, production, fabrication and quality is in strict adherence to property’s specifications, standards and guidelines.
- Work closely with Management team to ensure that all products comply with property’s specifications and cost controls.
- Responsible to direct and supervise the Executive Steward to maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and the Department of Health.
- Ensure that kitchens and equipment are in good working order to ensure a clean and hazard free work area that complies with the Department of Health, OSHA and property’s guidelines. Monitor, work with facilities and document any culinary and sanitation departments if any area is below standards or not functioning properly.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, weekends and holidays.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in culinary studies preferred.
- Six (6) years of culinary leadership experience and ten (10) years of overall culinary experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years in varied high volume and/or buffet environment with P&L responsibilities preferred.
- Proven knowledge of budget development, scheduling and cost control skills.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Human Resources related policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to handle a flexible schedule.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his or her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
- Comprehensive food knowledge, which includes basic knowledge of profit and loss statements, cost control, menu planning, budgeting, training, inventory control and sanitation.
- Must have strong knowledge of tracking and maintaining Cost of Sales while in conjunctions with creating recipe cards for all styles of cooking bulk, plated and action.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills and ability that will enhance and exemplify the “Unsurpassed Service” culture.
- Comprehensive computer skills in Microsoft Office systems and requisitioning.
- Must possess the ability to work hands on in any kitchen environment pertaining to a three meal period and high volume production in batch, fine dining, butchering, baking soups, stocks, sauces, roasting, sautéing, broiling, grilling and cold food production.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
|Must possess Serv-Safe or equivalent certification, with a comprehensive understanding of all food safety and sanitation requirements.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process.The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.