- Plans and manages the procurement, production, preparation, and presentation of all pastry items in the Resort in a safe, sanitary, and cost-effective manner.
- Makes menu recommendations to the Executive Chef for future menu development, holidays, special events, and promotions.
- Prepares products that exceed guests’ expectations regarding food quality and presentation.
- Develops and implements menus and back-ups (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc.) within company guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Develops and implements operating standards for the Pastry Department.
- Responsible for the physical aspects of kitchen/pastry operation.
- Monitors the development of the pastry staff,observes performance, and encourages improvement where necessary.
- Monitors the quality of the pastry items in all outlets and follows through with staff training in proper presentation and storage of pastry items.
- Sets an example in the preparation and serving of food.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the pastry team, with the use of production lists, photos, etc.
- Responsible for production in the pastry kitchen and development of recipes, production sheets, and order guides.
- Responsible for inventory verification of the pastry shop.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and timely schedule postings as directed by management.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the department’s budget in accordance to the directions from the Executive Chef; continually analyzes, forecasts, monitors, and controls the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Understands and adheres to labor cost control procedures and processes.
- Manages the food and labor costs within approved budget constraints.
- Adheres to all standards of procedure (SOP’s) and future food programs to ensure a consistent, quality product.
- Assists in developing marketing plans and objectives and manages within approved plans.
- Fosters and motivates Team Members while providing a safe environment.
- Supervises pastry staff.
- Hires, trains, develops, empowers, coaches, counsels, conducts performance and salary reviews, resolves problems, provides open communication vehicles, disciplines, and recommends terminations as appropriate.
- Resolves customer complaints as they relate to pastry operations as appropriate, in order to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Implements and manages all company programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen and F&B areas, equipment, and related areas to ensure a healthy and safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, and resort standards and regulations.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Executive Chef.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Five years of experience in high-volume restaurant production, preferably in a hotel and casino environment. .
- Two-year Culinary Arts or Associates Degree required and/or course certification from an accredited culinary institute is preferred.
- Two years of experience as a supervisor.
- Working knowledge of F&B preparation and presentation.
- Working knowledge of large production kitchen equipment.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Organizational skills to plan time effectively and work without direct supervision.
- Able to execute and train all baking and pastry disciplines to the highest levels.
- Proficient with the use of kitchen tools and equipment, baking skills and measurements Knowledge of the latest culinary trends and equipment.
- Ability to develop and convert recipes.
- Ability to create recipe costing sheets.
- Knowledge of kitchen lingo, etiquette, culture and culinary terms.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Must be able to plan and supervise the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Able to follow instructions, written and verbal, and perform the job with professionalism.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deploy available resources effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and work effectively with a diverse team.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must obtain food handler card within 30 days of employment.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
|This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. Per Casino Policies, employees must pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and be free of drugs and alcohol.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.