||Responsible for all aspects of kitchen management for the company including operations, personnel, menu planning, recipes, financial responsibility, portion and inventory control, and food quality. Provides leadership training and hands-on management to the kitchen and stewarding staff. Drives menu design and kitchen creativity. Grows and develops the product and profitability of the culinary program. Provides a consistent product and experience achieving revenue targets and managing costs as well as ensures all staff are focused and demonstrating a Guest Centric attitude and culture while maintaining our vision by adhering to our values and management principles
- Provides direction and oversight of all culinary operations including, but not limited to, preparation and production of all company meals, food quality, and presentation; compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations; Team Member productivity and performance; implementation of policies and procedures; cost controls and overall profitability.
- Interacts with guests and internal Team Members to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues, and make improvements accordingly.
- Creates and implements menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes, in partnership with the Executive Director of Food and Beverage.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol awareness standards.
- Monitors and develops Team Member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling, and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling, assigning work, and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Plans and manages the procurement, production, preparation, and presentation of all food in the company in a safe, sanitary, and cost-effective manner.
- Provides long and short-term planning for the kitchen operations and all F&B areas.
- Develops and implements menus and back-ups (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc.) within company guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Responsible for production in the main kitchen, development of production sheets, and order guides.
- Responsible for inventory verification.
- Manages the food and labor costs within approved budget constraints.
- Adheres to all SOP’s and future food programs to ensure a consistent, quality product.
- Assists in developing marketing plans and objectives and manages within approved plans.
- Fosters and motivates Team Members while providing a safe environment.
- Resolves customer complaints as they relate to F&B/Culinary operations as appropriate, in order to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and F&B areas, equipment, and related areas to ensure a healthy and safe work environment that meets/exceeds federal, state, and company standards and regulations.
- Assists with all financial budgets and goals in partnership with the other Food & Beverage leadership team members, as needed.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the department’s budget in accordance with the directions from the Executive Chef; continually analyzes, forecasts, monitors, and controls the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Ensures that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
- Ensures that meetings are well planned and results-oriented.
- Culinary Arts Degree Required.
- Five years experience in a culinary management role, preferably in a Four-Diamond or greater hotel, resort, or casino.
- Previous multi-outlet management experience.
- Strong banquet background.
- Knowledge of leadership and management skills and techniques; ability to foster teamwork and develop and mentor others.
- Knowledge of applicable law, regulations, rules, procedures, and administration is required.
- Knowledge of the latest culinary trends and equipment.
- Knowledge of kitchen lingo, etiquette, culture, and culinary terms.
- Must understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of cooking.
- Proficient with the use of kitchen tools and equipment, knife skills, and measurements.
- Ability to develop and convert recipes.
- Ability to create recipe costing sheets.
- Exhibit a comfort level in the front of house by interacting and communicating with guests of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must be able to plan and supervise the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent basis.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal, and perform the job with professionalism.
- Able to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deploy available resources effectively.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Must obtain food handler card within 30 days of employment.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.