- Provides overall leadership and coordination to the Physical Plant, Facilities Planning, and Real Estate functions, ensuring optimal integration, synergy, and cost-efficiency in the development and implementation of operating plans, systems, and procedures.
- Develops and maintains currency of a comprehensive facilities Master Plan incorporating all institutional facilities and real estate assets; ensures that the Master Plan remains consistent with and responsive to the mission, goals and objectives, and overall strategic plan.
- Oversees and evaluates all facilities management operations; provides administrative direction to ensure that all facilities planning, development, and management activities and initiatives are consistent with the strategic, operational, and fiscal needs and objectives.
- Provides strategic planning, and guidance in the management of the real estate portfolio; leads and coordinates overall real estate planning for the institution, and ensures that all real estate plans and operations support the mission, strategic plan, and business goals and objectives.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; recruits, employs, trains, supervises, and evaluates unit staff.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Represents to various institutional divisions as well as externally to the media, governmental agencies, prospective funding agencies and individuals, prospective vendors, and/or a range of constituencies within the community at large.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Oversees the physical maintenance operations.
- Manages and administers alteration/modifications to existing facilities.
- Manages the execution of the construction projects such as the approval and payment of invoices.Negotiates change orders.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the facilities and physical plant requirements of a large, diverse, multipurpose public institution
- Ability to establish and implement cohesive and synergistic business strategies on an institution-wide basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
- Knowledge of real estate management principles and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, processes, and requirements for strategic planning.
- Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Advanced leadership skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple programs and initiatives.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures, regulations and bylaws, and the legal environment within which they operate.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.