||Manages and oversees the day-to-day front of house operations of Company owned food and beverage venues, banquets, and support of special events, ensuring that each aspect runs smoothly. Ensures maximum guest service standards are met. Responsible for training and development of all employees in the front of house in order to provide quality food and beverage in a clean, safe, and efficient manner while maximizing guest service standards.
||Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engages in managing service staff and venue operations.
- Creates and maintain a positive work environment.
- Meets with supervisors on a daily/weekly basis.
- Coordinates with other departments any special needs or special events.
- Attends required meetings and monitors progress of department goals and guest service scores.
- Ensures all budgeted costs are met.
- Ensures all proper cash handling practices are being met.
- Helps coordinate through purchasing and receiving that all products received are of high quality and prudent cost.
- Ensures all Board and Health and Safety guidelines are followed on a consistent basis.
- Ensures menus and food and beverage signage is correct and maintained to standards.
- Ensures quality of service standards for assigned venues.
- Makes recommendations for hiring and terminations of Front of House personnel for food and beverage venues.
- Ensures all disciplinary actions abide by guidelines set forth by Human Resources.
- Ensures all venues are kept up to date on any required licenses or permits.
- Completes action plans, secret shopper action plans, and meets standards.
- Enforces performance standards, policies and procedures in the venues are in accordance with Company’s mission and objectives.
- Monitors job performance of all team members and provides feedback to aid the employee in developing and enhancing skills.
- Provides suggestions to hire, transfer, promote, and discharge in a fair and equitable manner.
- Listens, evaluates, and ensures control of guest grievances.
- Maintains knowledge of property information.
- Supervises all food and beverage venue team members.
- Performs weekly inspections of venues for sanitation and maintenance; completes report weekly.
- Completes weekly recaps and gives to Director of Food & Beverage every Monday.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Upholds the Company Mission Statement.
- Represents Company in the most positive manner with guests, co-workers, managers, and vendors.
- Ensures training is conducted for all service personnel and cash handling policies are followed.
- Maintains and updates service standards manual and assures it is used.
- Ensures job descriptions are issued to every employee and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Sets department goals annually and quarterly and reports weekly on progress and meets objectives.
- Performs a walk thru daily to assure quality.
- Achieves positive results on Employee Opinion Survey and completes action plans.
- Ensures all necessary equipment is on hand and available for guests and employees such as guest supplies, china, glass, and silver.
- Ensures all side work is completed by staff and ready for next shift.
- Completes all floor plans weekly; completes schedules two weeks before start of work week.
- Ensures monthly inventories are completed and given to the appropriate person.
- Ensures revenues are posted in purchase journals daily and reviews general ledger and P&L monthly.
- Completes payroll in a timely manner; reviews time keeping system daily; ensures time sheets are completed.
- Completes termination paperwork within 24 hours of the employee quitting.
- Maintains attendance calendars.
- Controls expense within budgeted operating percentages.
- Completes annual reviews in a timely manner.
- Maintains an employee phone list with updated numbers.
- Performs purchasing tasks and requisitions.
- Meets budgeted goals with P&L statement and guest survey scores.
- Touches all tables of VIP guests.
Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- High School diploma general education (GED).
- Graduate of Hotel/Restaurant Management School or 5 years previous experience in similar venue.
- A Gaming license is required for this position.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Must be very detailed oriented.
- Must have basic computer experience, including casino systems, timekeeping systems, and Microsoft applications.
- Data entry skills preferred.
- Ability to function with minimum supervision and make effective decisions during the shift.
- Must have basic mathematical skills – must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must project a professional and positive image.
- Must have a high level of energy
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with people in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all team members and guests.
- Must have basic computer skills, including casino systems and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work all shifts to include weekends and holidays also work 6-day work weeks when required.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.