| Manages all General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Operations, and Purchasing operation activities and initiatives. Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Tribal Government to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles, other regulatory/advisory organizations and the company Minimal Internal Control Standards. Direct the financial activities of the Tribal Government by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
|Essential duties and responsibilities:
|The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement.
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the Tribal Government’s financial operating reports, monthly financial statements and annual reports.
- Direct and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the Tribal Government policies and operations.
- Appraise the Tribe’s financial position and issues periodic reports on the Tribe’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of budget programs.
- Coordinate tax reporting programs.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer and Tribal Administration to establish standards for resource allocation, including but not limited to, staffing services, products, and capital requirements.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles that detail and summarize the Tribe’s governmental activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and operations.
- Direct preparation of quarterly financial reports in conformance to requirements under bank reporting and covenant compliance, as needed.
- Coordinate with internal and external audit firm for periodic reviews and annual audits as required.
- Establish Accounting Policies and Procedures which ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal control structure.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by the revenue and cost center departments.
- Monitor all financial activities of the Tribal Government to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the Tribe, all Federal and State Agencies are enforced throughout the property.
- Review financial reports to verify accuracy.
- Maintain and update financial internal control procedures.
- Mentor, coach and prepare succession planning to encourage those Team Members seeking advancement to acquire the education, experience, and personal characteristics to prepare them to progress toward their goal.
- Develop Operational and Maintenance Standards (measurable and time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improves processes, trains Team Members, effectively distributes workloads and responsibilities, and provides regular reporting against these standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with the internal Gaming Commission and applicable Federal and State Agencies.
- Plan for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members.
- Review departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or adverse trends.
- Facilitate the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled operational and departmental meetings.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Manage communications to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the property.
- Provide management with timely reviews of the Tribe’s financial status and progress in its various programs, goals and objectives.
- Maintain excellent communications with all Vice Presidents, Directors and Supervisors.
- Implements approved departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure the budget for the Tribe is monitored and adhered to by implementing effective processes and procedures.
- Prepare necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of competitive changes including industry trends and local competitive set.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality and productivity.
- Help coordinate and supervise training, assignments and development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS).
- Present a positive image of the Tribal organization to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Able to make difficult decision in a fair and honest manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage directly and indirectly all employees’ activities of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable divisions of the Finance Department. Adhere to the Tribal organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include but are not limited to: interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
|Education and experience (must be documented):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from a four-year college or university or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a governmental setting.
- Five (5) years (or equivalent) Supervisory/Management experience.
- CPA preferred.
|Certification, licenses and any additional requirements:
- Must pass periodic random drug screens.
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation.
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License.
- Must obtain all other applicable certifications and licenses.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment.
|The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use upper extremities, including but not limited to, hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. They may be occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, bend, push, pull, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and/or push, pull up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required use repetitive movements to complete tasks. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be occasionally required to work in low light conditions, and may be exposed to loud noise for extended periods.
|The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Multiple locations.
- Some enterprises are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all hours.
- Must be available for emergency calls 24/7.
- Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Some enterprises are gaming facilities.
- Some enterprises are not a smoke-free environment.
- Surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout most of the facilities on 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis.