- Directs and manages the daily hotel operations, to ensure services and amenities provided are in accordance with AAA Four Diamond standards.
- Monitors the check-in/check-out process, ensuring agreement to hotel standards. Anticipates critical situations, and assists when necessary to maintain efficient hotel operations.
- Updates staff on rates, promotions and packages.
- Controls room inventory, ensuring continuity between all online and property-based inventory systems.
- Works with Executive Hosts to block room assignments for players and ensures that any special accommodations for the guests are met.
- Oversees blocking of rooms and coordinates activities for all group, entertainment, special events and casino blockings.
- Stays abreast of room bookings, availability, daily house count, etc.
- Handles all guest issues and complaints.
- Maintains a Front of House presence, interacting with staff and guests.
Spa and Gift Shop:
- Directs the activities of the Spa, Gift Shop, and other retail outlets, including merchandise and service offerings, daily operational activities, staff management and guest service. Develops and monitors financial activities, including purchasing, inventory management, budgeting and forecasting.
Team Member Management:
- Conducts monthly departmental staff meetings to provide updates and foster communication.
- Works with Chumash University to ensure attendance in all property-wide training programs.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedure binders for all hotel departments.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an onboarding program for new hires in all hotel departments
- Responsible for staff scheduling in accordance with established guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Completes Team Member performance reviews.
- Monitors Team Members’ performance, ensuring all internal control procedures are carried out to departmental standards. Communicates with Executive Director of Hospitality on issues that may need further disciplinary action.
- Assists in Team Member selection, in coordination with Human Resources.
- Develops and manages annual budgets and forecasts for the Executive Director of Hospitality.
- Reports on end of month, end of quarter and year end reports, indicating current revenues, expenses and labor.
- Effectively communicates all necessary financial information to Executive Director of Hospitality.
- Monitors shift four credit card processing.
- Follows up on any charge disputes with guests and outside companies and works closely with credit card companies to ensure guest charge issues are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reports and keeps track of all guest billings, special guest requests and special events
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field preferred.
- Two years General Manager, Hotel Manager, Director of Operations or Rooms Director experience.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of property management systems.
- Familiarity with yield management and cost controls.
- Experience in budget development, general business accounting and forecasting.
- Basic proficiency in computers, including Microsoft Office applications, e-mail and Internet.
- Must work well within a team and be able to motivate Team Members.
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage subordinate Team Members.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments, and to delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding and difficult guest situations.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
- Native American hiring preference applies.