|The Director of Human Resources position reports directly to the CEO. The Director of Human Resources shall guide and manage the overall operation of Human Resources services, policies, and programs, in accordance with the CEO’s directives and professional and federal guidelines. Including, but not limited to following major areas:
- Responsible for recruiting and staffing of Casino and other enterprises;
- Development and implementation of goals and objectives for the Human Resources Department;
- Ensures that all Human Resources processes are efficient, accurate, and compliant with all applicable standards, regulations, and laws;
- Team member orientation and onboarding;
- Responsible for overseeing all Human Resources investigations for the Casino and other enterprises;
- Establishment and oversight of performance management and improvement plans;
- Compliance oversight in regard to Human Resources Policies, Casino Policies, and the policies of other enterprises;
- Organizational planning
- Responsible for employee communications, interdepartmental communications, and communication between all entities under the umbrella of the enterprise;
- Compensation and benefits administration and ensuring that employees are aware of benefits available to them and the applicable leave policy; and
- Team member safety, welfare, health, and OSHA compliance
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guests by properly listening and responding to guest
and team member concerns and questions.
- Create and support a work environment/culture focused on building high-trust relationships
by extending support and respect to all.
- Supervises and assists managers to ensure timely, successful organizational strategy, setting objectives for successful operating results and future growth.
- Supports the development and implementation all policies and procedures related to the
operational activities and functions.
- Provides guidance, support, advice and assistance to managers to ensure compliance with all
applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Evaluates procedures and technology solutions to improve HR data management.
- Develops and manages an annual budget.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Oversees and manages the work of direct reports; encourages the ongoing development of HR team members.
- Conducts a continuing study of all HR policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Assists CEO in establishing executive management teams for special projects, activities and functions requiring multi-disciplinary expertise.
- Manages and implements the guest service program with a focus on team member empowerment, maintaining a positive culture based on core tribal values, and making a difference for both internal and external guests.
- Reviews operations and makes recommendations to CEO
- Develops and implements staff development plans for all managers.
- Managers and maintains security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Reports to the CEO on a regular basis regarding enterprise activities but is expected to work independently most of the time in carrying out the strategic plans of the Casino’s enterprise endeavors.
- Assists the CEO in the overall direction of the development, implementation, and continuance of training programs, including training for supervisory and management positions, in accordance with applicable law.
- Performs other duties as directed by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management (Masters preferred) AND ten (10) years progressively responsible leadership experience in HR positions, REQUIRED;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software, especially word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications along with various software systems used in HR applications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR team members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on an executive management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with an organization’s governing board.
- Demonstrated track record of confidentiality, reliability, responsiveness, and creativity.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to obtain, maintain, and retain a valid gaming license.
- SPHR or PHR certification
- Senior HR leadership experience in gaming or hospitality.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, employee relations, and labor relations.
- Active affiliation with appropriate HR networks and organizations as well as ongoing community involvement.
- Active ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective HR management.
|Conditions Of Employment:
- Must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
- Must be 21 at time of hire
- Must be able to pass a background investigation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test for illegal drugs, excluding marijuana.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License.
- Must have Covid Vaccinations, including booster (REQUIRED).
- Must be able to work in a second-hand smoke, high noise, bright lights, dusty and smoke-
- Must have ability to deal with and adapt to frequent changes, delays, and unexpected events
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to be mobile throughout the casino for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, twist, lift, and kneel.
- Health Insurance- employee is eligible within 60 days of initial hire date.
- 401K- employee is eligible after one year of in-service and 1,000 working hours.
- Dental and Vision Insurance-employee is eligible to apply within 60 days of initial hire date.
- Guaranteed Life Insurance-employee is eligible from 1 st day worked.