|The Human Resources Director (HR Director) will be responsible for ensuring that all Human Resources functions for the property are accomplished in a legal and professional manner. Functions include but may not be limited to the following: Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, , Unemployment Insurance, Internal Investigations, Employment Rights Office (ERO) Compliance, Performance Evaluations, Training and Development, Policies and Procedures and Employee Handbook Management, and Human Resource Strategy. In addition the HR Director will ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures and applicable regulations. The HR Director will maintain a high standard of guest service (both internal and external customers) within the HR department and actively promotes positive guest and employee relations by ensuring that excellent guest service is continually provided.
- Oversees HR Administration, including, Recruitment, Career Development Program, Benefits, Employee Relations, Worker’s Compensation, Training and Development, Extraordinary Service Program, Wardrobe and disciplinary process.
- Supervises Human Resources personnel including setting clear performance expectations, monitoring performance, mentoring and coaching in areas that need improvement and ensuring training and applicable certifications are current.
- Develops Casino HR policies and procedures including, attain legal review from attorney, publish and disseminate policies, ensure communication/education of all new/changed policies; develop employee handbook and ensure publication, dissemination and education.
- Oversees the management of the Wardrobe department, including the budget, uniform inventory and reports.
- Oversees the recruiting and hiring process to ensure compliance to laws/regulations, achieving and maintaining high quality standards for hiring.
- Reviews and approves job descriptions ensuring appropriate job duties, minimum requirements and qualifications, FLSA status, etc.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget for Human Resources Department, Career Development Program and Training and Development.
- Act as a lead and always remain sensitive to cultural diversity in the work place.
- Provide and distribute reports as necessary to carry out the functions of the HR department and as requested by the General Manager.
- Ensures the property is compliant with the Employment Rights Office Code (ERO).
- Counsels, advises and provides guidance to the General Manager, Directors, Managers, and Supervisors on employee performance issues and employee disciplinary matters.
- Represents Casino HR interests at any Benefits/Payroll related meetings with Shared Services/Permanent and/or Growth Fund.
- Works in collaboration with the Safety Officer to ensure compliance with Safety and Worker’s Compensation.
- Oversees and participates in job fairs and career fairs representing company Human Resources.
- Manages compensation to include survey assessments, developing compensation plans, recommending changes, etc.
- Provides direction and ensures benefits administration including Medical, Pharmacy, Vision, Dental, Life, LTD, 401(k) administration, etc. are in compliance with applicable laws/regulations.
- Ensures accuracy of database and personnel files, ensuring compliance and confidentiality.
- Works collaboratively with the General Manger, Assistant General Manager, Controller/CFO, attorneys and executives.
- Responsible for responding to unemployment claims, ensuring appropriate and timely legal involvement with all hearings.
- Provides career guidance and counseling to employees, as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing training and development to employees and facilitating mediation among employees/departments as needed.
- Manages employee disciplinary policy and procedure, including reviewing all disciplinary action prior to dispensation and managing disciplinary process to ensure consistent treatment of employees.
Facilitates formal and/or informal oral/written presentations to groups.
- Makes recommendations and decisions to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or law.
- Facilitates and speaks effectively in interpersonal situations and leads medium to large group meetings.
- Remains current and informed on employment law and regulations by attending seminars, conferences, etc., and maintaining SHRM membership.
- Participates and attends executive, management, and staff meetings.
- Participate in trainings and seminars as requested or assigned.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager.
|Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related degree AND 4 years of senior HR management experience in a diverse organization with multiple departments and 100+ employees.
- Must have experience with HR regulatory compliance, as well as applicable federal law.
- Must have experience creating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Must have experience developing and analyzing statistical data and reports.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in the benefits and compensation administration.
- Must be knowledgeable in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations.
- Must be able to lead and have experience developing staff members.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Must be able to facilitate and speak effectively in interpersonal situations and lead medium to large group meetings.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive/confidential information including personnel data, inter-departmental issues, regulations, and compliance.
- Must have excellent computer skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
- Must have an active membership or obtain within three months of hire, a SHRM membership.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Candidates selected for employment will be subject to Pre-employment drug test, employment reference, and background check.
- Must sign a Human Resources Departmental confidentiality agreement at time of hire.
- Must obtain and maintain a company key license.
- Must comply fully with all company’s policies and procedures, regulations, and any applicable policies and regulations set forth by the company.
- Active SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification.
- Previous HR experience working for a casino.
- Payroll and salary administration experience.
- Must be able to identify problems, gather data, establish facts and draw a valid conclusion.
- Must be able to exhibit confidence in judgment and decision making.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and balance multiple priorities successfully.
- Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to develop/analyze statistical data and reports, and read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to create enthusiasm and promote organizational change.
- Must be able to lead by example and cultivate mentoring relationships.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to fifteen (15) pounds.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to maneuver around office areas and the gaming floor and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to perform repetitive movement of the wrists, shoulders, arms, hands and/or fingers.
- Must have normal vision range and the ability to distinguish colors, letters, numbers and symbols.
- Work requires the use of computers with exposure to video display terminals, the need to work in front of a computer terminal for extended periods of time and some repetitive motion associated with data entry and the use of a computer mouse.
- Must be able to occasionally work in crowded areas containing second hand smoke and high noise levels.
- Must be able to work under close surveillance cameras.