||The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting the enterprise network by troubleshooting day-to-day issues and support requests. This position monitors enterprise network equipment through various monitoring and alerting systems. The network engineer assists other members of network engineering on maintenance upgrades, troubleshooting complex incidents, and network capacity management needs.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating day to day network issues.
- Maintains the network monitoring, alerting and analytics platforms for the corresponding
- Performs installation upgrades and improvements on network systems and tools.
- Supports the network engineering team by assisting with troubleshooting and resolving
complex issues, as needed
- Assists in the design and deployment of network infrastructure to support other Network
- Supports other Network Engineers on expanding network capacity needs
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of network best practices
- Assists with implementation of all software to meet the needs of the Casino while ensuring
network security is not compromised
- Maintain Network documentation and mapping
- Program routers, switches, and other network hardware
- Evaluates and modifies network configuration and security, application usefulness,
upgrades, and improvements
- Assists in creating and maintaining documentation related to network configuration, network
mapping, processes, and service records
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Supports casino management team in development of customer business by being involved
in brainstorming, suggesting ideas, and solutions and providing ongoing feedback.
- Practice, and maintain confidentiality, at-all-times.
- Works effectively with all casino personnel.
- Attends all mandatory trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience of in-depth network engineering is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may
be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Demonstrated experience performing technical support is required.
- Experience supporting wireless networks is preferred.
- Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis for incident troubleshooting is preferred.
- Must have strong collaboration, written and verbal communication, and attention to detail
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LAN,
|Conditions Of Employment:
- Must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification
- Must be 21 at time of hire
- Must be able to pass a background investigation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug Test.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License.
- Must have Covid Vaccinations, including booster.
- Must be able to work in a second-hand smoke, high noise, bright lights, dusty and smoke-
- Must have ability to deal with and adapt to frequent changes, delays, and unexpected
events at times.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to be mobile throughout the casino for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, twist, lift, and kneel.
- Health Insurance- employee is eligible within 60 days of initial hire date.
- 401K- employee is eligible after one year of in-service and 1,000 working hours.
- Dental and Vision Insurance-employee is eligible to apply within 60 days of initial hire date.
- Guaranteed Life Insurance-employee is eligible from 1 st day worked.