||As General Manager you will manage the daily operations, responsible for operating the outlet efficiently within pre-established cost controls; managing, scheduling and training restaurant staff; monitoring staff performance, maintaining the department in accordance with Health Department standards; and ensuring customer satisfaction through application of outlet and Company service standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the management of the restaurant strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Company strategy; maximizing opportunities for restaurant and company success; maintaining all Company Standards: and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Company core values and property and restaurant standards are implemented and applied.
- Manages short-and long-term restaurant goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the restaurant performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of restaurant policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the restaurant to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures restaurant delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the restaurant and with other restaurants as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the restaurant. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the restaurant and makes recommendations designed to maximize restaurant and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Company contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Company brand.
- Operates the restaurant efficiently within pre-established cost controls.
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates
- Ensure staff are diligent in their opening and closing procedures and that the facility is always correctly prepared.
- Check environmental elements including sound, lighting and temperatures are always correctly set.
- Conduct effective shift briefings ensuring all staff are aware of VIPs, special occasions, daily specials, product features and property-wide events.
- Encourage and motivate staff to provide optimum service during all shifts.
- Share recommendations and guest comments to the Director of Restaurants to reflect guest feedback.
- Resolves guest’s complaints and team member difficulties.
- Controls purchases and inventory by reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Works closely with the Director of Beverage & Cocktails and the Director of Wine to ensure philosophy and execution of these programs is aligned.
- Works with the Food & Beverage Training Manager to ensure all ongoing Training Certifications are upheld and the restaurant is compliant with all departmental standards.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows restaurant and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
||High School degree or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s Degree in hotel and restaurant management or a related field; or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum 5 years of full-service restaurant experience required, 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in POS Systems, Purchasing Software, Warehouse Requisition Software, Time-Keeping Software and Microsoft OfficeCandidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
|Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
||Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the State Gaming Commission.
Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, including but not limited to the Food Manager Certification and alcohol awareness card.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.