||The General Manager is expected to manage and lead all aspects of assigned restaurant operations. Position reports to the Vice President.
- Lead the team in the application of Company style, practices, culture, terminology, organizational structure, and general philosophy.
- Consistently follow and enforce all Employee Handbook policies and practices and applicable laws.
- Maintain integrity, openness, and accessibility to employees and guests.
- Control reservations and seating of outlet with regards to maximizing revenue and maintaining service standards.
- Monitor entirety of restaurant operation in order to anticipate guests’ needs and proactively and effectively utilize resources to ensure guests’ satisfaction.
- Recognize and address potentially intoxicated, disruptive, or undesirable guests.
- When problems arise, address quickly, appropriately, and proactively when possible.
- Oversee the hiring, training, supervision and discipline of all restaurant staff.
- Ensure that before beginning work, all trainees have attended Company New Hire Orientation, have been on-boarded in the payroll system, and are clocked in on the restaurant’s time keeping system.
- Oversee wage adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- Foster an educational environment that ensures all staff are developed for future advancement.
- Ensure the Company Service Agreement, Employee Handbook, and Service and Training Manual are utilized by management and supervisors to train, develop, and monitor the performance and demeanor of staff in real time.
- Ensure service and performance of the team are actively audited by management and supervisors during shift and discussed/reviewed at the concurrent Pre-Shift Meetings.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the Company Performance Chronicling system and ensure all managers are trained to apply it in an objective and fair manner.
- Oversee the menu change process to ensure that food and beverage product remains seasonally relevant, staff receive thorough training and education, new items are properly programed into the POS and the menus are edited and printed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure the restaurant management team consistently utilizes a daily communication log.
- Lead daily pre-shift meetings to keep all staff abreast of all necessary information and foster a positive and developmental work environment.
- Conduct and facilitate effective management meetings through established agenda, effective use of time, and clear objectives.
- Ensure the tasks and duties necessary to open, prepare and close the restaurant responsibly are trained and consistently executed by management and staff.
- Train the management team to be constantly aware of the mood and feel of the restaurant – to adjust lighting and music to best complement the occasion, time of day and volume of guests.
- Train the management team to oversee service and drive the pace and tone of the shift, including all areas of FOH operations, team leadership, and guest interaction.
- Ensure the restaurant management team and staff constantly work to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Identify unsafe working conditions, operational needs, and equipment or other aspects of the restaurant in need of repair.
- Train management and staff on all aspects of Health Code compliance and ensure daily monitoring and correction.
- Ensure all staff are trained on how to properly report and handle guest and employee accidents.
- Ensure the restaurant management team are trained to respond properly to restaurant emergencies or safety situations.
- Actively participate in the quarterly budget/forecasting process.
- Manage the restaurant’s budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Aggressively monitor labor, scheduling, and overtime to ensure maximum productivity and profit.
- Ensure the steps necessary to prepare and submit accurate weekly payroll and gratuity reports in a timely manner is trained and executed consistently by the management team.
- Ensure accurate ordering, receiving, invoice processing and period-end inventory of product and supplies necessary to smooth operations.
- Oversee a daily housekeeping schedule to include storage and operational areas and staff appearance.
- Observe daily conditions of all physical facility and equipment in all restaurant areas; make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Ensure private events or functions are executed flawlessly and according to the BEO.
- Ensure that all on-premise press relations are handled effectively.
- Oversee and direct the Culinary and Beverage teams in the ordering, receiving, dating, rotation and invoice processing of perishable products.
- Ensure ‘Sidework Sheets’ are crafted and updated by the management team and adhered to by the staff in order to best prepare the restaurant for service and for closeout at the end of shift.
- Ensure management opening and closing duties and checklists are updated and consistently executed.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure flawless execution of off-premise catering/special events in a manner that best reflects the quality standards of the restaurant.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by a VP.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Manager of a full service restaurant or assistant F&B Outlet Manager high quality hotel or resort.
- Thorough knowledge of high quality restaurant service.
- Knowledge of F&B financial and cost controls.
- Knowledge of payroll, inventory and purchasing procedures.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate the Company expectations of Presentation, Body Language, and Verbiage.
- Legal ability to work in the US.
- High school graduate.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Proficiency in complex mathematical computations and reasoning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Has achieved and maintained a minimum of +9 points in the Company Performance Chronicling system.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- College degree, preferably in restaurant management.
- Experience with on and off-premise special-event planning and execution.
- CPR certification.
- TIPS Certification.
- Pass both food and beverage tests with a 90% or better score.
- ServSafe Certification
- Complete the following FFR Training Modules:
- Train the Trainer
- HR 1
- HR 2
- Finance 1
- Finance 2
Note: Probationary qualifications must be successfully completed in order to conclude the introductory period of employment.
- Natural leadership skills. Ability to lead by example, to motivate and inspire, and to consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- Desire and ability to maintain a cohesive team.
- Openness to guests and fellow employees.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to assess the strengths and weaknesses of individual team members.
- Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work to restaurant staff and management team.
- Ability to take cues from guests’ and staff members’ behavior and demeanor as to their level of satisfaction or happiness and to address any issues that arise in a proactive manner.
- Ability to direct performance of restaurant managers and staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner, and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions to a Vice President
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage with particular strength in the menus of the candidate’s restaurant of employ.
- Strong liquor, beer and wine knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of coffee, espresso, and tea basics and production.
- Basic knowledge of cocktail production technique and etiquette.
- Strong knowledge of bar product storage standards.
- Ability to anticipate levels of volume and how to adjust staffing accordingly.
- Foresight into operational challenges and to ability to proactively address areas of concern.
- Ability to manage tight food and beverage inventory procedures.
- Ability to perform menu and employee programming in POS.
- Understanding and ability to exemplify and accurately communicate all Company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understanding of Engineering department, work order policy, emergency vs. standard maintenance requests.
- Understanding, awareness, and concern for health, safety, and security and knowledge of how to prevent and report any incidents.
- Basic knowledge of food-borne illness and how to handle claims from guests.
- Ability to process liability claims.
- Ability to use schedule and overtime to determine recruiting needs and process requests accordingly.
- Understanding of Company Recruiting Policy and interview fundamentals and process.
- Ability to utilize Communication Forms as an objective and real-time performance evaluation medium.
- Ability to use the POS to pull all necessary reports, process chargebacks, and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Understanding of how to monitor costs of operation and make decisions accordingly.
- Ability to complete all basic functions in the Accounting system: Daily sales journal entry, entering a bill, entering a credit, adjusting an existing entry.
- Ability to focus attention to and correct any issues relating to details of presentation for the staff, the dining room, and the product.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality, including matters relating to guests, staff, the restaurant, and the company.
- Ability to process payroll accurately and correct any issues that occur.
- Ability to process documentation for PTO, pay increases, terminations
- Thorough understanding of all P&L and income statement categories
- Ability to access and use Compeat GL Report and Income Statement
- Ability to complete cost transfer and inventory entries in the Accounting system.
- Ability to drive EBITDA by directing the team and controlling expenditure.
- Ability to analyze variance to budget and communicate effectively.
- Ability to project future sales and expenses based on historical data.
- Understanding of Company philosophy on promotions, branding, concept and ability to make decisions accordingly
- Ability to think critically and creatively about building sales in keeping with Company philosophy.
- Ability to manipulate data and formulas in Excel.
- Knowledge of food preparation techniques.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.