|The Restaurant Manager is responsible for assisting in overseeing all day-to-day operations of restaurant, ensuring that every guest experience is a memorable one. This position plays a key role in the Food and Beverage Department as part of the management team. All outlet leaders are responsible for the fiscal success of both their managing outlet and the overall success of the Food and Beverage Department through teamwork, promotion and retention of associates, as well as creative problem solving.
|(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to other employees and coworkers to provide superior guest service.
- Responsible for all day-to-day restaurant operations
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the owner, executives, associates, family members and others, on matter related to owner’s interest.
- Meets all financial goals in accordance to budget.
- Works closely with the Chef de Cuisine of the outlet and Vice President of Food and Beverage to create an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach – including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitates the team’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Approves all schedules created by management team.
- Ensures accurate and timely submission of payroll.
- Communicates all resort news to associates as needed.
- Attends all mandatory meetings within department and resort.
- Following up with guest concerns in a timely fashion.
- Assist in creating yearly operating budget.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in high-pressure situations while maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrates independent and advanced decision-making for complex problems by utilizing critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving.
- Outstanding time-management skills, with proven ability to accomplish numerous tasks and challenging priorities in an effective and timely manner; demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks daily, as well as important long-term projects requiring collaboration from multiple parties.
- Ability to hand confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Works with Food and Beverage leaders to ensure all compliance (RAMP, ServSafe, Knife and Blade, etc) and leadership training requirements are met.
- Provides impartial coaching and instructive feedback to all Food and Beverage leaders during training, service and recovery investigations.
- Reviews resort daily financial reports and responds accordingly by providing instructive feedback and recommendations as necessary.
- Responsible for guest satisfaction and ensures/reinforces Forbes Five Star and/or Four Diamond standards are achieved and sustained while interacting with guests utilizing the brand standard – providing the guest with information about the resort – highlighting unique features and offerings.
- Regularly responsible for associate engagement and provides feedback on creating a positive atmosphere for associates.
- Creates work schedules to ensure adequate staffing during dining periods and actively moves through the dining room – assisting associates when necessary, interacting with guests, and generally overseeing the fine dining service standards meet/exceed standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with external contacts and all levels of associates.
- Ability to use all required office equipment in an effective and efficient manner.
- Other job duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Associate’s degree required in Hospitality or related field; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-4 years’ management experience in a Food & Beverage Restaurant or outlet
- Experience in a Forbes four or five star rated restaurant is preferred; superior customer/guest service relations experience required.
- Must possess an outgoing personality and knowledge of superior customer service training.
- Must possess superior communication skills and the ability to manage workflow orders while developing positive FOH and BOH relationships.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proven track record of staff development and retention.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sound judgment and decision-making skills in directing administrative tasks, using discretion when necessary, understanding the potential impact on the department.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull/carry no more the 5-30 lbs.
- Ability to stand continuously for 95%, operate equipment for 15%, kneel for 20%, bend for 50%, climb for 35%, and drive for 0% of their scheduled shift.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.