||Reporting to the Assistant General Manager, the Senior Director of Food & Beverage oversees the food and beverage experience across Company’s portfolio of restaurants, bars, and banquet dining. The Senior Director is responsible for creating an environment that surpasses guest’s expectations for dining and entertainment. Responsibilities must be performed in accordance with all Company Service Standards, policies and procedures. Observe and safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Develop annual operational budgets for Food & Beverage departments to include forecasts and capital expenditure plans providing financial justifications. Reconcile invoices to the budget; allocate and control costs. Follow capital expenditure and budgetary guidelines.
- Work with Purchasing and Chefs to design and develop purchasing programs and procedures that help to increase efficiencies.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and Team Member appearance.
- Create culinary experiences that reflect the company brand, constantly looking for new and different ways to elevate the guest experience.
- Ensure all Team Members within the Food & Beverage departments, including the Sanitation department, are properly trained with MSDS materials, Board of Health Standards and Regulations, TIPS Alcohol Awareness, ServSafe, and remain current with certifications.
- Responsible for handling any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
- Evaluate, oversee and provide coaching opportunities regarding job performance of Team Members.
- Oversee and analyze department schedules for specific job duties, while maintaining Team Members’ hours while ensuring labor is utilized in the most efficient manner based on business demands.
- Establish procedures for all culinary leadership to develop recipes, portion specifications, and establish standard preparation procedures for all dishes.
- Ensure that all Team Members are knowledgeable of and adhere to all Company standards, policies, and procedure for the department.
- Hold daily meetings with Team Members to communicate pertinent information.
- Build and manage an effective team of qualified and productive management, supervisory personnel and hourly team members to achieve positive departmental results while discussing opportunities, strategies, resources needs and accomplishments.
- Daily review of revenue performance for all areas of Food and Beverage.
- Must be 21 or older.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in progressive Food & Beverage roles, including a minimum ten (10) years with a multi-unit Food & Beverage operation with at least 300 Team Members and five (5) years at an executive level required.
- Ten (10) plus years in a casino or hospitality environment with a focus on guest service and hospitality management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Comprehensive food, wine, spirits and beverage knowledge.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his or her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
- Proven food leadership experience in upscale, casual dining, sports theme, buffet or quick serve dining individually or combined required.
- The ability to multi-task with multiple departments and own departments at one time.
- Proven comprehensive food and beverage knowledge, which includes profit and loss statements, cost control, menu planning, budgeting, training, inventory control and sanitation.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills and ability that will enhance and exemplify Company’s Service Standards.
- Must hold/maintain certification with handling (ServSafe) and Alcohol Awareness (TIPS) and the ability to gain/maintain training requirements from both programs.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as business requires.
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license for the jurisdiction in which the property is located.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.