- Conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Develop and provide on-going analyses related to customer profitability, customer responses and customer profile information.
- Provide segmentation analyses of customer database to assist marketing department in developing new products and promotions.
- Lead the analysis team in developing new database analyses, accumulating data, and drawing conclusions based on that data.
- Identify trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Evaluate complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Direct preparation of studies, reports, and analysis in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Establish databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Research and prepare economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements.
- Assist Director of Finance in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
- Create and maintain an environment of mutual and reciprocal trust, respect and confidence within the Finance Department and when dealing with internal/external guests.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
- Responsible for the direction and supervision of the Planning and Analysis department including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Five (5) years of casino experience in planning, analysis, financial analysis and/or database marketing for a hospitality enterprise.
- Three (3) years of experience in Planning and Analysis Management.
- Experience in casino gaming preferred.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act.All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process.The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.