||The Senior Project Manager ensures that the project deliverables meet or exceed the business unit expectations and quality requirements, are produced on time and are within budget. You will lead a large sized project or combination of medium and small projects concurrently.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Enforce adherence to project, development and QA methodologies.
- Prepare PMO-wide reporting on a periodic basis to Director, PMO & IT Operations.
- Develop formal business cases with internal customers and IT. These business cases may include RFPs, ROI analysis for major projects to be presented to the executive management team for funding.
- Develop project objectives, project scope, risk assessment, project deliverables, timelines and resource objectives and plans.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit
- Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives
- Is responsible for managing the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business units
- Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise
- Works closely with the assigned user community to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs, and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications
- Understands how to leverage applications for competitive advantage
- Lends expertise to project managers
- Reviews the status reports of team members across projects and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
- Establish project plan and staffing for each phase of projects, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Facilitate definition of technical scope
- Define project objectives.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Prepare project reports for management, business unit or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of business units.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Ensure easy access to information that is useful to users.
- Keep close, direct contact with key end-user representatives to ensure technologies are providing valuable information-sharing capabilities to customers.
- Manage internal and external systems/application development projects within assigned areas from inception to successful implementation:
- Define project objectives, scope and level of effort.
- Develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project.
- Get projects off the ground, keep them on track and on budget, and resolve issues with customers.
- Monitor progress against plan.
- Work closely with end users, business technologists and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications; direct efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects.
- Oversees projects managers working on other projects.
- Reviews high-level deliverables across projects.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
- Integrates financial data for multiple projects.
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
- Addresses elevated billing issues when they arise.
||Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus; or equivalent work experience. Strong management and development skills. Technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment — a key success factor
- Five to Seven years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience, during which more than one of the following occurred:
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
- Successfully implemented new technology.
- Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of multiple or large projects.
- Successfully developed and implemented new work processes or process improvements.
- Gained experience working with customers to develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, at present or in the future, for this position at all times.
Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
PMI Certification or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to.
- Ability to develop and deliver projects using leading-edge technology.
- Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff and to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels.
- Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, customers).
||This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.