|The Senior Vice President of Casino Marketing (SVP Casino Marketing) assists the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) with strategic and tactical matters as they relate to property marketing, including profitable revenue generation, development and management of strategic plans, driving innovation and improving guest service and satisfaction for Company. Under the general direction of the CMO, the SVP Casino Marketing provides oversight to the casino marketing function, including Player Development, VIP Services, Promotions and Events, and Guests Services. The SVP Casino Marketing will be the liaison between Company Marketing and Shared Services Marketing (Strategic and Brand Marketing). This position will oversee property level entertainment and multimedia execution. The SVP will work closely with the Director of Executive Communications to ensure organizational alignment of all marketing and communications initiatives. The Senior Vice President of Casino Marketing indirectly reports to and supports the Casino General Manager.
- Oversees marketing direction and execution for all elements of Company marketing.
- Develops close working relationships with Shared Services Marketing and Company operations leadership to execute strategies that accomplish Company marketing objectives.
- Establishes marketing plans and programs to ensure revenue generation and profit growth in coordination with Shared Services Marketing.
- Oversees Company marketing programs and adjusts strategies and tactics to increase effectiveness to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors, documents, and notifies the Casino General Manager and CMO of any problems that may impact or jeopardize the achievement of current and future objectives.
- Directs budget management for the Company Marketing department. Ensures budget is complete, accurate, and in line with the Tribe’s goals.
- Leads preparation of casino marketing strategic plan identifying key player segments. Develops promotions, special events, and player development calendar that deliver an acceptable ROI.
- Innovates and constantly seeks to provide a best-in-class player experience through technologies and process improvements.
- Acts as a champion for all on-property service levels across all customer touchpoints.
- Provides pre-opening and opening support to all new operations including restaurants, new gaming areas, the hotel, and entertainment center.
- Collaborates with Shared Services Marketing to ensure database marketing, customer reinvestment, and analytics support Company objectives.
- Partners with Shared Services Marketing to ensure advertising, brand management, social media, and PR efforts support Company Marketing objectives.
- Leads booking of on-property (lounge) entertainment, management of A/V and multimedia teams; collaborates with Shared Services Marketing on booking of national acts.
- Monitors existing enterprise operations and liaise with Company leaders to share best-demonstrated practices for marketing, guest service, and casino operations (yield and optimization).
- Provides administrative and technical leadership to Executive Communications function, in support of the Office of the General Manager.
- Regularly reviews and recommends changes/revisions, where necessary, to internal controls that relate to the Marketing department operations. Regularly evaluates all Marketing department policies and procedures for effectiveness and possible areas of improvement or efficiencies.
- Selects, trains, develops, organizes and motivates a highly qualified and effective team, capable of providing optimum staff support for the enterprise. The development includes technical abilities as well as leadership and interpersonal skills. Maintains high morale through support, appreciation and development of Team Members.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree is required from a 4-year college or university in Marketing, Management or related field of study.
- Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in consumer marketing is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of supervisory experience in the gaming/hospitality industry is required; at least two (2) years in Tribal Gaming is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant, and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience in large-scale gaming/casino operations.
- Must be culturally competent and effective in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions and/or concerns from management, staff, customers, public groups, regulatory agencies, and/or the Business Committee.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance, and builds commitment.
Demonstrates the ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, and positive manner with internal and external guests.
|Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- At the discretion of the Company’s Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer but does practice Indian Preference hiring in accordance with Public Law 93-638, the Indian Self Determination and Education Act. All applicants must be able to demonstrate their U.S. work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job.These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.